Chapter 14

I have finals today, so wish me luck everyone!
-Sin
-------------------------

The next day Himiko was laying on her bed, tired from the past weekend. What can she say, nearly drowning really can tire someone out. Sighing, she sat up and looked at the alarm clock she had next to her bed. It was 12:30 in the afternoon.

She stood up and walked to the kitchen, she got out some pancake mix and a frying pan, placing it on the stove and turning on the burner. She placed a cup of pancake mix and 2/3s of a cup of water, then she stirred it with a fork.

As she was baking the pancakes, her mind wondered as she looked around her apartment. And it occured to her, she never bought it for herself, nor did she renew the rental. But nobody had come to talk to her about it. Has she been squatting in this house the entire time? No, she's met the landlord before, and she knows he knows she lives here, so who's been paying for the apartment. And she did arrive with a good amount of money to last her a long time.

She also found it strange that everything since the beginning of last year was blurry in her mind. Not to mention how Rin felt and looked so familiar to her. She felt a sudden ache in her head, and she placed her hand to it.

"This mixture will help you two loose your memory until it's time." A familiar feminine voice said.

"Hey, Himi, we'll wait for each other, right?" Another voice said, It was Rin.

"Of course, Ri!" Himiko exclaimed. "But I bet you I'll finish first!"

"No you won't! Because I will!"

Himiko shook her head. "What was that?" She asked herself. "Was it a memory?" She sighed, if it was a memory, why would Rin be in it, she just met him not too long ago. Right?

Himiko shook her head, it was most likely her mind playing tricks with her. She finished making her pancakes and sat down. Starting to eat.

After finished and placing the leftovers away, she went back to the room and sat down at the small table, she got out her schoolbook and homework, since she didn't have time to do it the past couple of days, and tomorrow most of it was due.

As she was working, she heard a loud crash from the kitchen, along with the sound of something being impaled into a wall. She quickly stood up and saw the wave holding the rose on the ground, with water everywhere and the Rose on the ground, some petals fallen around it. Looking over to the wall, she saw a dagger stuck to it, with four sheets of paper stuck to the wall. She walked over to the dagger and pulled it out of the wall easily, watching as two of the papers fell.

The fell face up, and what Himiko saw terrified her. It was pictures of Tamai and Miya, their faces were x'd out. Looking at the third paper, it was a picture of Shirai, her face x'd out too.

The last paper stuck to the dagger was a note, with four simple words.

Your test has begun.

Her mouth twisted up in a nervous smile. "This has to be a joke, right?" She asked. "I mean, what test? And if they really would kidnap them, why come to me? I'm just a commoner. I'm not trained in combat." She let out a nervous laugh.

She took one last look at the papers and concluded that if her friends weren't there tomorrow at school, she would go looking for them, or maybe call the police. Like a smart person would.

She headed to bed, still tired from the weekend. Her homework was pretty much finished anyways. Laying in her bed, she looked at the ceiling behind her, she took calming breaths, and was soon able to fall asleep, hoping to find her friends at school in the next day.

The next day, Himiko went to school like normal, expecting to see her friends talking over by Tamai's desk like they usually did.

When she walked inside the room though, her friends were nowhere to be seen.

Maybe they're just late... All of them. Himiko thought to herself. She sat in her desk as the teacher walked in and started the lesson.

They didn't arrive during first period. Or second period, or third. It was now lunch, and she was staring to get really worried.

"Hey, do you have any idea where your friends are?" Tamaki asked, walking up with his hands in his pocket and Kyoya behind him.

Himiko shook her head. "I don't know. The last time I saw them was when they dropped me off at my apartment yesterday, haven't seen them since."

"That's a shame." Tamaki said, he muttered something about wanting to see Miya and ask her something, but Himiko didn't pay any mind to it. She was staring to be convinced that her friends had actually been kidnapped.

She ate lunch alone that day.

At the end of the day, she rushed home, picking up the note to see if she had missed anything.

What test had begun, why were her friends part of it. It all felt so familiar to her.

Himiko hit her head with her palm a couple times. "Come on, you can figure this out!" She said through gritted teeth. Just as she was about to hit her head again, she stopped in mid slap. She remembered why she got this note. She remembered everything.

----------

Shit will be going down in the next chapters, hope you all will enjoy it!

-Sin