The Truth

Coming home was now something I didn't want to do. I was always crying and getting hurt in many ways. That's when I decided to tell someone I trusted. I told my English teacher, Mrs. Huff.

I made a list on my phone of how my mom was mean to me. The list stated, she ignores me, wants to put soap in my mouth, gets mad at me for no reason, always thinks I'm lying, and more. She acted like I was a bad person but I wasn't.

I told Mrs. Huff and she was like, "Wow, that's hard." I thought I was the bully because of how I acted around my mom, but, I wasn't. I told Mrs. Huff while I was leaving her class, to not tell anyone. But it's a teacher's job to keep their students safe.

The next day at school, I got a call slip from my guidance counselor, Mr. Del Rio. I went into his office and he talked to me about what Mrs. Huff told him. He asked me if there was anyone else who knew about this but I said no. It was true because I was scared to tell someone. I didn't know it was going to get as bad but it did. So, Mrs. Huff was the only person I had told.

I told him not to tell anyone else. I said that I knew what was going to happen. I was going to get taken away from my mom, but I didn't want that to happen. He told me that we were going to have to tell someone else because this is serious. I then started crying in his office. I begged him to not do anything else. I said, "I don't want to have this talk again." No matter how hard I tried to hide it, it got out to my family. Nothing ever worked after I told him what was going on.