I Will Go Down With This Ship

Adorable Art by SarahGarciaDonaire on deviantART. :) 

"Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not!"

-Anon

Disclaimer: Naruto is Kishimoto's toy, I'm just playing with it. I don't own Naruto Abridged either.

Warning: This is the story you read when you need to smile, laugh, or just need to feel good. This story does not believe in physics, or logic. Go read some Naruto!ANBU stories if you want some gritty realism.

Edit: 6/24/14

Edit: 4/28/2017

Beta: SolarCupid (☞ ᐛ )☞

( 。◕‿‿◕。)

After an informative boat ride and a quiet farewell to our ferrier, our team carried on with the mission.

The moment I stepped onto the Land of Waves, I felt my heart soar in anticipation. Not only was I about to embark on a dangerous and positively thrilling adventure, but I was going to witness first hand an entirely epic battle between two famous assassins. How could anyone not be absolutely gleeful?

My lips twitched as I fought to hide back my excited giggles. I shifted the weight of my backpack so it was no longer entirely on one shoulder while my team and our client continued our walk to Tazuna's home.

Naruto was on high alert, jumping at every sound, with his eyes and head turning in all sorts of directions.

'I wonder why Kakashi doesn't just assassinate Gato. He's more than capable of it, and if he kills him, then no one would come after Tazuna.'

He doesn't know the security Gato has. If he needlessly endangers himself, he risks being unable to protect us from threats he knows are coming.

'He's an elite shinobi, with an S-Class ranking. He was trained to be an assassin in the ANBU, and even became a Captain. Are you seriously going to try and tell me that he can't send clones to scout it out? Hell, why isn't he sending clones now to scout ahead for danger?'

I don't know?

I turned towards Kakashi. "Sensei? How come we don't just kill Gato?"

Kakashi's eyes flickered towards me. "Not our jurisdiction, for starters."

"So it would break some sort of rule if we did? But technically, we would be protecting our client by doing so. This Gato is obviously a threat to Tazuna, and as his bodyguards shouldn't we... I don't know... do everything we can to help?"

"It would be a logical approach," Sasuke mildly pointed out.

Naruto's face screwed up in distaste. "Isn't he a civilian though?"

"But, Naruto, he's an evil tyrant. Don't you want to be the hero that storms in and defeats the big bad guy and saves an entire country?"

When painted in that light, Naruto seemed a lot more accepting.

"Maa, maa," Kakashi chastised, placing a hand on top of my head again. "Enough. This is your first C-Rank mission, I won't let it turn into an assassination, moreover a civilian assassination."

"Trying to protect our innocence?" I coyly asked.

"A losing battle, I know, but someone has to try."