Chapter 1

It was a quiet night in the Seventeen dorm. The performance unit was at the practice room working on something, and Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Jihoon, Jisoo, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Vernon, Mingyu and Wonwoo were all sitting around the television.

Jeonghan looked at the time. 11:30. It was rare that they had free time this early at night. Usually they were all at the practice room untill 3:00 in the morning, but they weren't hard pressed for a new song or music video at the moment.

Next to Jeonghan, Jisoo yawned. "Sorry, gang, but I'm going to bed." He stood up and stretched. "See you all in the morning."

"Kay, night," Soungcheol replied, looked up at his friend for a moment. Jeonghan and the others echoed their leader and went back to watching Spongebob with an odd amount of focus.

Vernon, who was in charge of the remote, muted the show during a comercial break, and just like that, they all lost interest. Jeonghan flopped on his back amd sighed. He was bored.

Suddenly, there was an explsosion of whining from Seungkwan. "I'm hungry! I'm bored! I wanna do something!"

Seungcheol shrugged. "Then get a book and some food."

Jeonghan laughed and sat up. Seungkwan looked shocked. Jeonghan laughed harder and said, "It's the perfect solution to your problem."

"Thank you," Seunghcheol added with a nod toward Jeonghan. He returned the gesture and held his arm out for a high-five. His friend obliged, then relaxed against the couch.

Seungkwan made a face at them then stood up. "Forget it. I'm going to take a shower."

"Good idea," Seokmin piped up. "we should probably all shower before the performance team gets back."

"You're right," Seunghcheol nodded. "You guys go in whatever order you want. I'll go last."

They all murmured amongst themselves to decide the order. Someone suggested scissor-paper-stone, but the idea was quickly shut down by Jihoon, who suggedsted they go by age.

"I think age is good," Jeonghan aggreed.

"Me too," Vernon added.

"That's because it means you get to go first," Wonwoo snorted.

Vernon grinned. "True."

"Hey, that's not fair!" Seungkwan protested. "I'm the one who said they wanted to take a shower!"

"You still will," Seokmin retorted, then smiled. "You'll just go second."

Seungkwan just stood there in an annoyed silence as they all burst out laughing. Mingyu was the first to get his breath back.

"So are we going with age order then?" He asked. Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol.

"Sounds good. Vernon'll go first, then Seungkwan, then-"

"Yes, we know the age order, Seungcheol," Jeonghan cut him off. His friend gave him a look, but didn't reply. Jeonghan didn't have anything else to say either, so they sat there for a moment looking at each other, Seungcheol on the couch and Jeonghan on the floor, completely oblivious to the chatter of their fellow members.

Then Seungcheol blinked, and their gazes broke. Jeonghan quickly swept his long hair back and looked at Vernon, who was whooping at Seungkwan about showering first.

"I get to shower first! I get to shower first!" He was chanting. Jeonghan raised his eyebrows as Vernon stood up and began to prance around his sulking friend.

"Oh, quiet," Jihoon snorted. "We all get to shower, just cause you're going first doesn't mean that the rest of us don't.

Vernon stopped his tribal dance and made a face at the singer. Jeongahn smiled and swept his hair back again.