Chapter 9

Jeonghan sighed and looked in the full-length mirror in the hip-hop room. He was wearing a black sweater and black jeans with new black sneakers. Sighing again, he turned and walked out. He seriously didn't know what else to do about his appearance.

Suddenly, he was shoved roughly into the open bathroom. Stumbling, he turned to face his attacker, to find Ming and Yuri standing shoulder-to-shoulder, looking over him.

"Seriously?" Ming asked, sounding absolutely done. "Is this the best you can do?"

Jeonghan shrugged. "What am I supposed to wear to the opening of a club?"

"Something other than this," Yuri said, then shrugged. "But you're like, our last person, and we're tired, so we won't change your look, we'll just enhance it."

"Okay?"

Ming pointed to the toilet. "Sit."

Jeonghan sat down and looked up at the intimidating pair. They both had their hands on their hips, makeup smudged on their hands and faces. Jeonghan was amazed at how similar they looked.

"Definitely need a smokey look for the eyes," Yuri murmured.

"Mmhmm. But his hair is a problem."

Yuri nodded in agreement.

"You get to work with the eye makeup, I'll go get Mingyu," Ming said, then darted out of the bathroom.

"Eyes closed," Yuri commanded. Jeonghan obeyed. A second later, he felt Yuri drag something cold and wet across his eyelid.

"What is that?" he muttered.

"Liquid eyeliner," Yuri replied, her voice full of concentration. "We dont usually use it for you guys. We use it more for the girl groups."

"Ah."

"Also, this is black. I usually use browns for you, so this is going to make you look a), mysterious, and b), sexy."

Jeonghan smiled. "Great."

Just then, he heard Ming come back into the bathroom. "See?" she was saying. "There is like, nothing I can do with this, his hair is just like, the wrong color."

"Yeah, I see what you're saying. If it was black, then this would work better. Ooh, or blond!"

"You are not, bleaching my hair just for this," Jeonghan growled, his eyes still closed.

"Oh, you're no fun, Jeonghannie!" Mingyu cried. Jeonghan knew he was pouting.

"I got it!" Ming said suddenly, snapping her fingers and startling Yuri, whose hand jerked, drawing a line across Jeonghan's face. He opened his eyes and gave Ming a sour look. She winced. "Sorry, here." She handed a bottle of makeup remover over to Yuri, who took it without a word. "Anyway, I've got this really temporary black hair dye in my van. If we put some of it in his hair, then that could totally make him stand out."

"Yeah, you're right," Mingyu agreed. "We could put some of it underneath, which will bring out his layers. Also, the ends of his bangs." Ming thought for a moment.

"Yeah, let's do this. I'll go get the dye." As Yuri dabbed at the side of his face, Mingyu began separating out his hair. Jeonghan felt Yuri fix his eyeliner and start on his eyeshadow.

"Got it!" Ming cried, coming back into the bathroom.

Jeonghan cracked an eye. "That was fast," he said.

She smirked. "I sent Jihoon down for it."

"You should really stop shoving that boy around," Yuri murmured, then hit Jeonghan in the forehead with the eyeshadow brush. "Eyes closed."