Chapter 8: Oh shit

Day 313

Oh shit.

Well, let's say that this thought traveled through many people's minds that day.

"Oh shit," said Genie. he had forgotten this day. Today was his wedding anniversary. He awoke to Lily's mental list of the day. What was he going to get her? Hearing his words, Lily turned around in his arms and sent him a quizzed look. Not wanting to ruin his cover, he just smiled at her and kissed her good morning. He knew that if he forgot this year again, Lily would have the biggest fit. He knew that she was getting him a nice watch as well as an interesting night that he really did not want to miss. He also knew of the anticipation she felt of the gift that Genie was going to give her. The only problem was that Genie had nothing and that he knew he was in a lot of trouble. Again.

"Oh shit."

Will had dropped his whiskey. He sighed and looked down again. Lazily, he reached for it without bending. A thought crossed his mind. Looking left and right, he readied himself. He concentrated and aimed his palm to the broken glass on the floor. He tried recomposing the pieces together but the liquid kept dissipating through the cracks.

"It's not going to work."

Will jumped and lost his concentration.

"If you had maybe shut your trap, it might have."

Lum smirked and made his way to Will.

"You know it doesn't work like that."

Will pulled a face and went to lean on a wall. Lum just smiled secretly to himself as he went to pat his oldest friend on the shoulder before existing the room.

"Oh shit."

Rain had smashed his hand on Buzz's face. The blond now held her nose in her tiny hands and winced.

"I'm really sorry, dude. I didn't hear you come in."

Rain had blasted the music in the kitchen and was dancing to the rythm. Buzz groaned ans sat down, holding her head back. Rain felt guilty. Buzz was maybe the weirdest of the bunch, but she was also the nicest. Catalyst came in the kitchen and saw the two youngsters. She laughed heartly at the situation and got herself an apple before leaving.

"Oh shit."

Ember looked at herself in the mirror. She had never seen herself look so pale before. She tried calculating the days in her mind and came up with the same result. With the stomach problems she had been recently having, everything couldn't have just been a coincidence. She heard a knock at her door. The person kept knocking for a long time and then stopped. After that, she heard a commotion outside her bedroom door. She didn't know for how long she was standing there but when there was a knocking sound at her door, she didn't respond. The knocking came in more urgently. Now, whoever was at the door was pounding. There was yelling and many bangs. Ember looked at herself in the mirror again before snapping out of whatever trance she was in.

She made her way to the door, which was about to get knocked off of its hindges. She opened the door. Everyone went silent. The whole crew was outside her room.

"I told you she was fine! Sheesh, all this noise for nothing. She was just standing there doing nothing."

Will was frusterated and left the group.

"Sweety, are you okay? You've been in there for more than 5 hours, standing still!" asked Lily. Now that Lily mentioned it, Ember did feel an ache in her legs.

"Genie said that your mind was there, but that your thoughts were completely blank."

Ember's mind went in overdrive when she saw Lum. Panicking, she saw his eyes widen as she tried to close the door on everyone. But Lum was faster and was able to get it. He locked the door behind him and stared at her.

Both lovers were in silence for what seemed like forever to them. Lum opened his mouth to speak--

"I'm pregnant."

He froze, his mouth still open and his features thrown out of his usual calmness. Ember didn't need to have Genie to know what was going on in Lum's mind right now.

Oh shit.