Chapter Five: The Lamp - Part 1

Day 671

Things looked grim for Genie. You see, he was hanging off of a never-ending cliff. It wouldn't be so bad if Ember, Lily, or Will were here. With one click of their fingers, he would be safe. Unfortunately for Genie, they weren't here. He actually had no idea where any of them were. He didn't even know where he was himself. So, you could understand why the Chinese man was in a foul mood. He was in an isolated place, hanging to dear life with no hope of getting out of there alive. Also, the corpse of the demon was starting to give out a horrible smell and Genie started to hear the annoying buzz of flies in his ears. He sighed.

How did he get there, you may ask. Well, it wasn't his fault, really. But that's what all guilty people say anyways.

Waking up after a long night, Genie was in a good mood. He had mended his relationship with Lily and finally started to feel good about himself. His mind was buzzing and he ignored everyone's ranting in his head. He was in a good mood and felt as though nothing could ruin his temporary joy.

Then, he entered the kitchen.

The first thing he felt when passing through the doorway was a wet splash on his face. Startled, he retreated a few steps and coughed violently. He felt some of that water going the wrong way, causing him to choke for a couple of seconds. His face was stinging with the sudden impact of the water.

Looking up, he found himself faced with his least favorite of the Seven.

Rain's face paled when he realized the victim of his water ball. In the corner of his eyes, Genie saw Ember muffle a laugh at the situation. Shuffling through both their minds, he realized that Ember was the intended target for the water ball. Ignoring that piece of information, Genie narrowed his eyes at Rain who visibly gulped.

Rain held his head in between his hands for a moment before standing still.

"I promise that it wasn't meant for you!" he exclaimed in hope of being spared by the humiliation that he felt was coming as Genie controlled his mind.

"Oh, I know. I just can't let you get away with this without leaving with a wounded pride, you see. So, to mark my point, I need to do this."

Genie knew that Ember was enjoying this, even though her stoic face and neutral behavior might have fooled another.

Rain started by peeling away his shirt from his body, leaving him exposed to the others, all the while pleading Genie for mercy and repeatedly apologizing for his actions. Then, the pants came off, as well as the socks and the shoes. When the time for his underwear to come off came, Genie started to feel some restraint.

"Come on, man! Don't you think this is enough? I've been embarrassed enough as it is!" Rain was now starting to get angry. The faint tint of pink on his cheeks was the only sign of success from Genie's part. But you see, Genie had a much better control of Rain's mind than Rain himself. The underwear went flying out the window. Ember and Genie had plenty of time to see Rain's family jewels before the Mind Reader released his hold on Rain who then rushed to cover his complete nakedness.

"You're going to pay for this, small eyes," there was venom in Rain's voice as he passed by his spectators and shoved Genie hard on the shoulder on his way out. A couple of seconds later, they heard a very loud laughter booming through the castle. Genie saw Ember smirk, recognizing the owner of the joyous cries. Then, they heard a whip-like sound resonating through the walls before a cry of pain and surprise was yelled.

"Will!" Genie heard his wife chastise. A few moments later, both people entered the kitchen with opposite expressions.

"That was completely unnecessary, Energy! The poor boy was humiliated enough as it was!" Her cheeks were red and flushed, her hair moving slightly on it's own whenever she felt angry.