2 : Invitation

Invitation

I was having my cup of tea for the morning when I received a call from Kelly.

Inangat ko agad ang tawag niya.

" Yes, this is Jerry, speaking" I said

" Jerry, I'm so sorry to call you pero tumawag sa akin ang kompanya, they want me back in Italy ASAP" I literally placed my cup of tea down the moment I heard her speak.

" I thought we had a month vacation Kelly, why all of a sudden, the company wants to meet you" I asked her.

" The next designs would be issued this fall and I cannot say no to them
since we've just started some few designs Jerry. It's better if I go back, I'll just wait for you guys there" She explained.

" But we still have three months for that matter Kelly at alam kong kompleto na ang mga desings natin, the only thing that's not yet done is the bunch of models we'll be having for the runway" I told her

I heard her breath in the other line.

" I'll be leaving at midnight. I already called Shey and told her the same thing. Well, he just agreed and said yes, completely different from what I've received just now from you" Kelly said

" Bacuse that's impractical Kelly, we're in a vacation and the company knows that. My god, we've been working all our lives, atleast they would think of giving us a month to live the freedom of life" Panenermon ko sa kanya

" We clearly don't have any choice here, Jerry. We're not the boss of ourselves" She muttered.

I silently cursed

" I'm coming with you then" Tipid kong saad

" No need Jerry, I can do it myself. A month without you guys isn't a big deal after all" She told me.

" Did Shey honestly agreed to this" I asked her once more.

" Yes" She muttered from the other line

" Si è impossibile, Kelly ( You are impossible)" I muttered under my breath.

I ended the call afterwards. I cannot even do something about it. Nevertheless, I don't want to stress out myself because of that problem. I'm here for a vacation for pete's sake.

I immediately stood up from seating comfortably.

What a call to start my day. I told myself.

Tinawagan ko na muna si Shey, I still need to talk to him about it.

" Yes, this is yours trully, bellissimo (Beautiful) Shey" I heard him say.

" Bakit mo pinayagang aalis ng bansa mag-isa si Kelly" Panenermon ko kay Shey.

" Lei vuole tornare Italya, Jerry (She wants to go back to Italy, Jerry) Wala na akong magagawa pa dun" Saad ni Shey. Napapikit na lamang ako dahil sa sinabi niya.

Hindi ko talaga maintindihan si Shey minsan.

" You honestly want to leave our friend behind, Shey." I told him.

" It's our choice Jerry, kung babalik tayo agad sa Italya, parang wala rin lang silbi ang bakasyon natin. Parang umuwi lang tayo para dumalo ng kasal. And besides, we would always stick with Kelly all the time. A helping hand doesn't always need to be personally done, what's the use of technology, Jerry" He said.

Shey's right. Masyado lang talaga akong nasanay sa tulong na talagang kailangan mong andun para masabi mong tumulong ka.

" You're right" I told him.