15 : Cognize

Cognize

Shocked penetrated my system the moment I digested what Mrs. Montero told me. It wasn't as if I expected this to come. A small smile plastered in her face when she seemed to notice that I wasn't in my right senses.

" To early to be shock dear." She said before smiling at me.

" Halika na iha. I'll tour you around" Nakangiti paring wika sa akin ni Mrs. Montero.

True to her words, she did personally tour me around the building. And this time, I've actually realized that the building wasn't what I've expected it to be. It's more than what I've expected.

She showed me every possible things she needs to.

" Pasensha ka na ha. Joey attended an important meeting for the company in Hawaii. Si Lenny na secretarya ko lamang ang naiwan. Don't worry, she'll guide you in all possible ways. Wala na akong ibang pagiiwanan ng kompanya. You may not be familiar with the company but I believe you can manage well the company. You were able to manang a big shot in Italy where I suppose is a huge responsibility. It's only for a week then, iha. Babalik din ako. It's just I really need to accompany my husband. He keeps on ranting about it for a couple of days now, might as well accompany him" Mrs. Montero said before finally picking up her ringing phone. Kanina pa kase tumutunog ang phone niya. And I surely know that it is her husband.

" Could you do me a favor and handle the company?" She asked.

Based on how she looks. I can see that she badly needs to leave. Nacurious tuloy ako sa kung gaano kaimportante ang pupuntahan nila.

Napabuntong hinga na lamang ako bago tumango. I am living in a lie. Lahat ng ginagawa ko ay kasinungalingan lamang. Kung alam niya lang sana. She is letting a stranger handle her company.

" I'm aftaid, adjan na si Gin" She muttered before kissing me on the cheeks.

" Take care sweetheart." Wika niya habang mabilis na kinuha ang kanyang bag. She gazed at me for the last time before finally leaving me with her secretary.

" Ma'am" Tawag agad sa akin ng sekretarya niya na sa pagkakaalam ko ay si Ma'am Lenny. Ng makaalis na ng tuluyan si Mrs. Montero ay iginaya na ako ni Lenny sa mismong fashion department.

I was busy the whole day. Memorizing each details. Understanding how the company works at hindi ko na napansin ang phone ko. It was already five in the evening when I tend to check on my phone. Dun ko lang napansin na ang daming tawag pala ni Xander. I don't know why kaya naman binasa ko nalang ang mga text message niya.

It just came to me the reality that I am his fake wife when I had read his last message.

So umuwi na pala ng Pilipinas ang babaeng pinakamamahal niya. The girl behind everything we do. The reason why I stayed. Hindi ko alam pero iba ang pakiramdam ko. I should be happy because they can finally reunite their love. Xander would finally bring back what has been lost and this time, how I wish that woman is ready to marry him for good.

Kung ako lang ang tatanungin, I wouldn't think twice of giving up my own career for the sake of that man. He is worth more than my career. And that's what I fear the most. That's what I'm afraid of. It's so hard to control what the heart and mind wants. Kaya naman as soon as makita ko na okay na sila, even without finishing my one month agreement with him, I guess I can leave the country earlier. Kaysa naman tuluyan na akong mahulog sa lalaking walang ginawa kundi mahalin sa napakatagal na panahon ang babaeng walang ibang ginusto kundi sundan ang kanyang pangarap sa buhay. May mga pangarap din ako kaya hindi ko din magawang pagbintangan si Melanie dahil sa pag-iwan kay Xander. Maybe their love is just not yet willed at that time. Maybe now is the right time.