Week Two | Somebody Else by @starfragment

Title: Somebody Else

Author: starfragment

Love Interest(s): Damon Salvatore

Summary: this is all just a game to you, isn't it?

Review by methodicaI

If I'm being honest, I don't like most Damon fics because they switch up his character and make him some god-sent vampire that doesn't hurt anyone or anything. I was pleased to find that this fic didn't do that. Not only do the TVD characters seem the same as they do in the show, but this story is also extremely well written. I really love Laurel and Damon's friendship in the first few chapters even though he's kind of a dick like 83% of the time. Their banter makes me laugh even when I'm trying to keep quiet so my parents don't think I'm going insane. I'm pretty excited to read the rest of this fantastic story later today, keep up the great work!

Review By luminite

Catie! I'm so happy to be reviewing one of your fics, especially your Damon one. Laurel is such an awesome character, and I'm so glad that she's choosing to see the good in Damon and a friend in him, rather than focusing on only the negative things that he does like so many other characters often choose to do. Your writing is gorgeous as usual, and this is a really different take on a Damon fic. I love the way that you have brought the pieces of the plot together so perfectly, to make it heartwarming and heartbreaking all in equal quantities. I just love Laurel a lot okay and I wish I had the ability to protect her from all the shit that goes down, but alas, I'll just have to cry about it instead.

Review by smolderholders

So I fucking love Laurel. She's such a strong human OC and is a beautiful soul. She's so protective over her friends and it's great. Plus, her and Damon's relationship? It's A+. Seriously, I shipped them so hard from the beginning. My wife Sophie and Ian are one hell of a couple, jesus fuck. Honestly, I remember when you said you were gonna write a Damon fic, I got beyond excited. I love the little cutie beyond everything. So, yeah, love Laurel, love this book, and I love you ((:

Review by danieIgiIIies

I've literally just started reading this but you know I love everything you write (promo: read any of catie's marvel fics they're A****). I love the slow progression of Laurel and Damon's relationship and I love how they're actually friends first because so many fics just rush them into relationships so I love this take! I love how realistically you've written Damon too, you've written him how his character actually is and, by that, I mean a violent douche (excuse my language). I can't wait to actually read more of this (and, shock, maybe finish it!!) but I love where it's going so far and you're one of the most talented writers I know! I love this and love you, well done!