Week Eight | Black Magic by @wylanvanecks

Title: Black Magic

Author: wylanvanecks

Love Interest(s): Henrik Mikaelson

Summary: "It took very dark magic to bring my soul back to this world. It took very dark magic to build my body back from scratch. Everything I am is tainted by it. Even my magic."

Review by starfragment

This has to be one of the first Henrik fanfictions that I have seen on Wattpad. He's such a difficult character, I feel, to write. Mainly because he died when he was a child. So we never got a feel for who he is. But seeing what you've written for this character, I can believe that that's how he would act as a character. Henrik is a sarcastic little shit and I love it. He fits the whole Mikaelson stature very very well! I also love how not only are you recreating a TVD/TO character and bringing him back from the dead, but you're also throwing in a love interest! The interaction between Ethan and Henrik is absolutely adorable! This story is amazing so far, and I cannot wait to continue reading it! xx

Review by danieIgiIIies

I would just like to start off by saying how privileged I feel to read something as truly poignant and as beautifully written as this. This is, perhaps, the most unique TVD fanfiction I've read (more than one now) and I'm absolutely infatuated. When I first read it I thought why the hell have you brought Henrik back but I quickly forgot about that and fell in love with Henrik and Ethan and how well you portray their relationships with the Mikaelsons. I particularly love Henrik and Klaus' relationship, the light comedy effect really shows just how well you can write a number of different styles. I'm so glad I got to read this all over again to write this, so, thank you, for something as truly amazing and unique as this!

Review by methodicai

Honestly, when I first saw this story I was sceptical, I didn't know how well a fic like this could be pulled off, but damn. This story literally shook my entire world, not only did you cast my eternal fave Dane DeHaan (who I have highkey loved since Chronicle) as Henrik, but you've personified him in a way I've never seen before. Henrik's relationships and just his character in general, is fantastic and this story is written so well I'm absolutely in love with it. You've not only created a unique idea, but you've done it amazingly. I've just finished the first book and I can't wait to read the second, congratulations on doing such an amazing job!