Week Five | New York by @papertides

Title: New York

Author: papertides

Love Interest(s): Damon Salvatore

Summary: "My Whole life, I thought I was running away from everyone, everything. But now I know I was just running towards you. I love you. I loved you before I met you."

In which Damon Salvatore Reminisces about the 70's.

Review by naomiscotts
I absolutely love love love this book! I love going back in time about any character, fictional or non fictional, it just screams out to me because I love history. I love reading about it because it brings a whole new light about that character. I love how you tie that in to New York, you write so beautifully and with grace. Freya is such a beautiful character and I honestly love how you portrayed her in your book. I'm going to remind you again as to how much I love your story!! I love love love love ittttt.
Keep up the great work!

Review by starfragment
This story is a gem amongst everything else! I love the fact that the love interest is apart of Damon's past! Especially the past that he's technically off the rails. Damon honestly needs so much love. Especially from OCs who aren't needy or completely bad mouth Elena! Yes, Elena did demand about who the girl was, but she does that sometimes. I already love freya! She's a spunky bar tender and I love it! Keep up the good work with this story! Cannot wait to see what you do with this!

Review by danieIgiIIies
I'm a sucker for any of your work Keisha, you're one of the most talented writers on here (I recommended her paul social media fic guys!). I love this story and the OC from the past, one who was there during his worst years, instead of someone he's just meet. I love the whole setting of this and how different it is from other Damon fics I've read (which I admit are very little because I hate how most people write Damon). you've managed to capture the character of Damon so well too and his relationship with Freya because it's such a DAMON relationship and they have such great banter from what I've gathered from the flashbacks. I love how you've incorporated Elena into the story too and how he explains the story to her. This so well written and unique - a must read for all Damon fans!