family day fiasco

"Hailey will you hold Dude for a minute?" 

"Sure." Hailey said before taking the slightly heavy dog from Carlos. Once he made sure they were alright he turned around to dive into the chocolate fountain behind them. The red head rolled her eyes at Jay and Carlos before turning to look back at the squad of students that just got finished doing a number they've been practicing for a week now. 

"You guys are idiots." Hailey said to her two best friends. They ignored her and continued to devour the chocolate liquid before them. 

"Mal!" Hailey heard Ben call out. He waved her over to where he and his parents stood. The photographer took a quick picture of them and walked away. 

"Be right back." Mal told Evie and Hailey before walking away from them. Hailey waved as best as she could with a twenty-five pound dog in her arms. Evie glanced down at her small friend and sighed.

"How do you think it's going?" She questioned. Hailey simply shrugged her shoulders and put Dude down on the ground. He did what any good dog would have done and sat down beside her feet. 

"I don't know." The red head informed her blue haired friend. "I can assume that they're not too thrilled about their son dating the worlds worst villain though." 

"Guys." Mal called out as she walked back over to them with Ben, his arm wrapped around her shoulder. "We're going to play a game of croquet with Ben and his parents."

"What in the world is croquet?" Hailey asked. Her friends shrugged their shoulder, but nonetheless they still followed Ben and Mal over to the croquet field where Ben's parents stood waiting for them. 

Hailey watched as Evie tried to get the ball into the goal thing, but she missed by a few inches. The blue haired girl sighed frustratedly before handing the racket over to Hailey. "I give up."