Prologue

I got it! I got it! As this is yelled a long legged brunette comes running past where all the students for the bull riding school are sitting.
The brunette trips and falls over one of the young men and jumps up and quickly says, "Are you okay?!?"
The young man laughs and says, "I am. Are you okay?"
The brunette grins and says, "I am. Sorry I was trying to grab a couple things my brothers needed before the school starts. "
She laughs and says, "How stupid of me! Hi! I'm Starlee He... I'm Starlee Farley."
The young man gives her a funny look and says, "Like the guys whose running the bull riding school Farley?"
Starlee grins and says, "Yep, those are my older brothers."
The guy says, "Cool! It's nice to meet you. I'm Cody Heffernan."
Starlee grins and says, "I better go find the stuff they need or I'll be in trouble for not doing what I was suppose to do."
As she starts to walk off she looks at Cody and asks maybe later we can hang out?
Cody nods and asks your brothers aren't going to care are they?
She laughs and states I think we're gonna be good friends Cody. Don't worry about them. They are nothing but big ole teddy bears.
Cody looks at his brother and says, "Is it just me or did it seem like she was hiding something? "
Craig nods his head and says, "She started to say a different last name. Plus she's got an American accent."

*Later that night*
Starlee plops down beside Cody and asks how did the first day go?
He looks at her and says, "You didn't tell me you were a bull rider, too."
Starlee looks down and mumbles I don't like people knowing. It gets me into more trouble than what it's worth. Plus my husband hated having to tell people I'm a better rider than he ever was when he was alive.
Cody looks at her and raises an eyebrow.
Starlee looks down and groans I forgot. Yes, I was married. He was my high school sweet heart. We got married the day after we graduated. Two weeks later he was working on his basics for the military. He came home for a week and then shipped out. He was KIA not long after that. I was already 4 months pregnant when he left. I lost my husband and unborn child in the same month. And now a year later here I am helping with the bull riding school.
Cody looks at her and asks how did you end up around here then?
Starlee smiles and asks wouldn't you like to know? No, I'm actually Starlee Hedeman Crossett. My father is bull rider Tuff Hedeman. When dad was still president of the PBR, Jared had started riding in the United States. I ended up getting close to him and he drug me off to Australia that summer. I got close to the family and they claim me now. I spend as much time here as possible and my dad is fine with it as long as it doesn't interfere with college. I'm on the rodeo team at Western Texas College.
Cody opens and closes his mouth a couple times and says, "Crossett? As in Brandon Crossett's wife?"
Starlee nods and says, "You mean I say I am Tuff Hedeman's daughter and you ask no questions but I bring up my late husband and you ask about him. Did you know him?"
Cody nods and says, "I'm from Singleton."
Starlee's eyes gets big and says, "No way! I spend time in Singleton all the time because of his family owning some of the mine machinery!"
Cody nods and tells her any time your there let me know. I can show you around. Show you all the places the locals go.
Starlee laughs and nods her head. Then states I told you we would be good friends! Seriously though how did the first day go?
Cody grins and says, "Good! But I ride bulls already I just wanted to get on more practice bulls."
Starlee laughs and says, "Words of a true bull rider! So tell me a little more about yourself Cody."
Cody shrugs and says, "I have two brothers and a sister. My parents work for the mines. That's where I'll end up at."
Starlee shakes her head and point blank tells him no. Your an amazing rider. I watched you this afternoon. Somebody is going to see that one day. If anything people need to see you ride. You make a few mistakes but I notice your quick to try to fix them.
He smiles at her and states were you watching me?
Starlee rolls her eyes and jokingly says, "Dream on cowboy. You couldn't handle me even on my worse day."