Another morning

*Starlee's POV*
I wake up and groan. Thinking to myself I guess it's another day to rise and shine. I better get up and see if the boys have ate yet.
My younger brother, Lane, looks at me and asks another nightmare?
I shake my head no.  I tell them it was another one of those odd dreams when I meet somebody from the past.
Trevor looks at me and says who was it this time, star? I make a face at him and stick my tongue out.
Trevor and Lane look at each other and grin. Trevor jokingly says oh so Heffernan?
I give him a look and nod my head.
Dad walks into the house and looks at all three of us and asks why are y'all grinning at your sister like that?
Lane blurts out well dad did you know that a 6 time bull riding champion could be so hooked on somebody that they start having dreams about the first time they met?
Dad grins and looks at me and asks another dream about Heffernan? Or are you dreaming about Taryl now?
I groan and and holler dad! There's nothing going on between Taryl and I! Dear lord I swear I have this talk every time y'all stay at my house. I stomp off and mumble I'm going running.

*Third-person POV*
Tuff looks at the boys and comments there might not be anything going on between her and Taryl but she sure didn't say anything about Heffernan.
Lane laughs and says if it's up to the Farley brothers then one day they'll be together but he's gotta break up with that crazy girl he's with. Star would date him in a heartbeat. They know each other better than anyone else does. I mean they've been friends for like 10 years.
Tuff rubs his face and says I know. I think that's part of the reason she's back home and not in Australia though. Between her nightmares and how she feels about him she's scared to be down there.
Trevor laughs and asks our sister? Scared of something? She's a 6 time bull riding champ, a 5 time bareback champ, a 5 time saddle bronc champ, plus a 5 time all-around and she's scared of her feelings for him? She rides bulls for a living for goodness sake! She's one of the best dang bull riders in the world!
Lane looks at his younger brother and comments but Trevor you have to remember Star has been hurt more than once by a guy; she'd prefer to get kicked, bucked and stomped on than have her heart broken again. She doesn't believe in love anymore.
Tuff shakes his head and says, "One day boys she'll find love. It'll come when she's least expecting it. It'll be someone who sees her for what she's worth. They won't see her as being broken. They'll see her as the strong woman we have always known her as."
Trevor mumbles I hope so dad.
A few moments later Tuff looks at the boys and looks around and asks where is Dancer?
Lane looks around and shrugs his shoulders. Trevor says, "Probably still asleep. You know that dog is spoiled and does whatever it wants to do."
As Trevor says this Dancer comes hoping down the stairs and stares at all three men. She barks and looks at them again.
Trevor mumbles yeah, yeah you little mutt. I will get your food. One of these days I'm going to throw you in a pen with a bull and see how your master handles that.
Tuff laughs and says, "Starlee would go crazy and probably beat your butt."
Trevor's eyes gets big and he states my sister would never beat my butt. She loves me far too much.
Lane grins and gets up and tells them he is going to start feeding the animals.

*Starlee's POV*
Lane steps outside and sees me coming back from my run. "Star, can we talk?" He asks me. I nod my head and harshly ask what do you want, Lane?
Lane throw his hands up and growls loose the attitude. Just because your upset over your dang dream doesn't mean you need to take it out on me, Starlee Annamarie.
I look down and mumble sorry. These dreams just keep happening almost every night. The last time I talked to him was in February. Now here it is the beginning of May and I haven't heard from him. The last time we talked we got into it thanks to the she-demon.
Lane looks at me and sees the tears in my eyes. He pulls me to him and hugs me and whispers sis it's going to be okay. This is the longest you two have gone without talking to each other. It's weird to say the least but sooner or later he's going to start missing you. Your the girl that can have guys on the floor laughing for hours, your the girl who cares, your the girl that took care of him when he was working the mines, not her sis. He will remember that sooner or later. Is that why your back home in the states and not still in Australia?
I nod and mumble yep. I was tired of seeing him at events and not being able to speak to him. I miss him Lane. I miss having one of my best friends to talk to. I miss having the guy I could joke around with whenever I wanted.
Lane asks are you ever going to tell him how you feel about him?
I shake my head and mumble why should I? It won't change anything. We'd still be friends and nothing more.
Lane rolls his eyes and states you sure about that? I've seen with my own eyes how he looks at you. He has feelings for you and I bet if you told him how you actually felt then he'd do something about it. He's not a mind reader, star.
I groan and quickly state well he's been with her for years. Their happy other than when I'm around. I'm the biggest issue in their relationship.
Lane hisses no your not Starlee Annamarie. Some days I just want to bang your head against a wall and knock some sense into you. You need to tell him how you feel.
I grumble he kissed me in February and she saw it happen.
Lane steps back with shocked eyes and says, "Do what?!"
I nod my head and tell him we were at an event. She wasn't there so we were hanging out. Next thing I know he tells me he has something he wants to get off his chest. I ask him what it is and he leans over and kisses me. About that time here comes the she-demon. She tried to slap me and I almost broke her hand for it. That's when she informed him he wasn't allowed to talk to me again. Lane, if he cared for me he would have done something then instead of ignoring me and not talking to me.
Lane groans I don't know what to tell you sis.
I shrug my shoulders and mumble I don't know. Let's go feed the bulls. That always gets my mind off of things I shouldn't be thinking about.