Best friends

*Tuesday afternoon*
I pull up to my house and see a vehicle parked in front of my house. I groan because I know instantly who it is: my best friend and her husband. Jayd Pozzobon met me long before her and Ty were dating. We became friends instantly and we're usually always at each other's side. I slowly get out and grab my bag when I hear my front door open and look up to see Jayd tapping her foot.
I smile at her and say, "Hey, Jaydie-pooh."
She gives me a look and says, "You have a lot of explaining to do, Starlee Annamarie Hedeman Crossett."
I walk onto the porch and wrap my arms around her waist and say, "I know. Just remember I love you, Jaydie."
About that time Ty pops his head out of the door and says, "Hey! I love her more!"
I grin at him and say, "You'll learn one day,Ty, I love her more than you ever could."
He grins and says, "Well she married me and not you!"
I start laughing uncontrollably and say, "Ty, I like guys far too much to try to steal her. We've had this talk before."
Ty grins and says, "I know sweet cheeks."
I groan and look at Jayd and say, "Control your husband please. He's calling me sweet cheeks again."
She laughs and says, "He should know by now your far from being sweet."
I let go of her and walk into the house. I put my stuff down and go into the kitchen and groan. I yell, "Ty! Get your Canadian butt in here now! God, Jayd, do you not feed him at home or something?"
I hear laughing and Jayd getting onto him. He walks in and mumbles, "Jayd said I had to clean everything up."
I look at him and say, "You better or I'm not making you a cake."
He grins and says, "Trying to butter me up so I'm on your side huh?"
I grin and nod.
I grab the ingredients to start making the cake.
Jayd walks in and says, "Really, Star? Your making him a cake."
I laugh and say, "He may share with you this time if you ask nicely."
She rolls her eyes at me and says, "Start talking. What did Tandy say about your knee?"
I take in a deep breath and say, "It is a grade 1 sprain. I'm out for the next couple weeks. He advised me not to ride at finals at the end of the month."
Jayd nods and says, "Your going to listen for once aren't you? You know if you hurt it more than what it is hurt you'll be out longer than a few weeks."
I nod and mumble, "Yes mom I'm going to listen to Tandy for once."
She then says, "So you can go to finals in Australia then. Make a certain Australian bull rider happy to see you there."
I raise an eyebrow at her.
She then states, "I know people. Just like I know you stayed a couple extra days in Singleton before going to Kempsey. I also know he stayed with you. So what's really going on between you two?"
I shrug my shoulders and say, "Nothing is. Jayd, you know how mine and his friendship are. It's not normal. It has never been normal."
Jayd says, "Yes, I know how it is and have always known how it is with you two. There has been many times, over the years, I've had y'alls back and told people y'all weren't together. I know he's been texting you a lot more than what you two usually text each other so y'all can check on one another. I also know that he calls you a couple times a week."
"Jayd, listen to me. There is nothing going on. We're friends and we're working on rebuilding our friendship." I state to her.
She groans and throws her hands up and says, "Fine! I believe you. Your my best friend and all but I still think there's something going on between y'all."
Ty nods his head and says, "I've heard you two have been far more flirty with each other the last couple weeks than what you two have been in years."
I give him a look and inform them that I have not been and there's nothing going on for the hundredth time.
Jayd starts to open her mouth but Ty puts his hand over it and says, "Be nice. She may stop making my cake if you keep pestering her about Cody."
I grin at him and look at Jayd.
Jayd finally says, "I just don't want you hurt, Star. I remember that phone call in the middle of the night from your parents that you were in the hospital after everything Derek did to you."
I look at her and say, "Jayd, do you really think Cody would lay a hand on me? That he would hurt me? Jayd, his parents and siblings would kill him if he ever did anything like that."
She takes a deep breath and says, "Star, I know he wouldn't but I've almost lost you once. That's not counting the many times you've been hurt by a bull or back when you were riding bareback and saddle bronc."
"Jayd, I know. Trust me I know. Do you think I'm not scared every time some guy I don't know comes around me and I'm not sure if he'll hurt me or not? We're talking about Cody though. I've known him longer than I've known you, Jaydie. Yes, I've pissed him off at times but not once has he ever raised his hand at me or tried to hurt me."
Jayd nods and says, "I know, Star, I know. I'm sorry. I just worry about you."
I stop what I'm doing and walk over to her and hug her.
"There's nothing going on between us, Jayd, but even if there was you wouldn't have to worry about me with him." I tell her.
Ty says, "Love that y'all are being all sappy but can you finish my cake now?"
We all start laughing and I go to work on the cake.
Jayd says, "Are you going to go to the Australian finals?"
I nod and say, "Yeah. I'm gonna wait a couple days before the event to fly out though. I'm gonna stay here and rest up. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up Dancer from my mom's house."
Ty grins and says, "No wonder I haven't tripped over the little creature. She's not here."
I laugh and say, "She loves you, Ty."
Ty says, "Yeah yeah. I guess I love the little creature."
I smile and put the cake in the oven and ask, "Are y'all staying for supper?"
Ty nods and says, "Uhh yes!"
I shake my head and say, "Okay. I'll get started on that then."