Australian Finals (Part 2)

Roy looks at me and says, "Your too good for him anyway, Star."
I groan and look at Roy and inform him he's not helping.
He looks at me and says, "What do you want me to say? Star, your my little cousin. I'm protective of you. He'd be stupid to go back to her after finally getting a chance with you. If he does that don't think I won't hurt him."
I roll my eyes and say, "Thanks, Roy. Love you, too."
Roy kisses my forehead and says, "Sorry princess. You wanted my advice and my advice is if he hurts you it won't be nice what happens to him. You'll just have to listen to what he says and then follow your gut." He puts his finger under my chin and pushes up on it. "Your gut, Star. Do you understand me? Your gut has never been wrong before. Don't follow your heart for once."
I nod and stand up and hug him and mumble, "Thanks. I'm going to go find him now."
Roy nods and says, "Let me know if you need anything."

I walk back to the locker room Cody was in and I peek my head in. Fraser looks at me and shakes his head no informing me Cody wasn't back in here yet. I take a deep breath and nod my head. I can see the pitiful look all the guys have in their eyes and I know I better leave before something is said. I go to find my god-father. Troy is talking to a couple people when I walk up to him. He smiles at me and wraps his arm around me. He finishes talking to them and says, "Hey, Princess."
I kinda smile at him. He looks at me and pulls me in for a hug. He whispers, "I'm not sure what's going on, Starlee, but it'll be okay. Now give me that million dollar smile of yours."
I laugh and smile at him and say, "Just drama as usual Uncle Troy."
He shakes his head and says, "Let me guess with Cody."
I laugh and say, "You know us so well."
He nods and says, "Well it'll be okay, Star. You two always seem to get over all the drama."
I nod.
He says, "Go do me a favor. Go grab me a bottle of water please, Princess."
I nod and take off to grab him a water. As I round the corner I see Cody pulling back from hugging Jamie. I watch her put her hand on his arm and laugh at whatever he's saying. I walk by them without a word and hold in my tears. I knew better than to let him back in as quickly as I did. I knew better than to let him waltz back in and steal my heart; he broke my heart all in the matter of 30 minutes.
As I keep walking, I hear someone yelling my name. I turn to see Cody running after me. I keep on walking and don't pay attention to him. He catches up to me and grabs my hand.
I look at him and harshly ask, "What?"
He looks at me and says, "Star, it's not what you think.."
I yank my hand away from him and say, "Usually when someone starts a sentence with those words it's exactly what they think. So let me hear the rest of your excuse, Cody."
He groans and says, "Star, she just wanted to apologize for how she acted towards you. Plus she told me good luck with you."
I look at him and say, "We aren't even together."
Cody pulls me to him and says, "Damnit, Starlee, everyone knows sooner or later we'll be together. The guys are making bets on how long it's going to take us before we finally decide to date."
I roll my eyes and say, "Uncle Troy asked me to go grab him some water. I'll meet you back at the locker room."
He nods and kisses me and walks off. I go and grab Uncle Troy's bottle of water. I take Troy his water and go back to the locker room. Fraser stops me outside the door and hugs me. He whispers, "You okay, Star? Cody told us what happened."
I take a deep breath and say, "I'm okay. Am I happy? No, but stuff happens and Cody wants to try us out. Do I think she's up to something else? Yes, I do. It hasn't really been kept under wraps that Cody and I are friends again and that we flirt with each other."
Fraser nods and says, "If you need anything let me know, buggy."
I nod and quickly hug Fraser. Then walk into the locker room. Cody looks at me and smiles. I walk over to him and hug him.
I whisper, "Good luck."
He smiles and says, "Your still pulling my rope right?"
I nod and say, "Just wanted to tell you good luck and how proud I was before all the craziness started."
He smiles and leans his head down to kiss me.
We hear coughing noises. Roy looks at us and says, "Not in here, please."
I blow Roy a kiss and tell them I'll see them in a bit.

I finish pulling Cody's rope and watch the gate fly open. I quickly leave the chutes because I don't want to watch. This is his moment to shine and I'm worried something will happen. I hear them announce him the Australian Champ. I watch him walk back behind the chutes looking around. He spots me and quickly walks over to me. He starts grinning and I can't help but smile. He picks me up and spins me around. I laugh and kiss him then whisper, "You did it!" He nods and sits me back down on the ground. He leans his head down and kisses me one more time before I push him away and say, "Go take your pictures and do what needs to be done. We will celebrate later."
Fraser wraps his arm around me and says, "Oh so you two are celebrating later huh?"
I groan and say, "Not like that Fras! We're not even together."
Fraser says, "With the way you two act most everyone thinks you two are."
I shake my head and say, "I know. We're not together though. We're taking things slow if that's what you want to call it. That reminds me, STOP making bets on when we're going to get together."
Fraser grins and says, "We're betting on more than just that."
I raise an eyebrow at him and say, "What else are y'all betting on?"
Fraser just shakes his head at me and grins. I roll my eyes and mumble, "I'm going to grab him some water."

*Later on*
I look at Cody and ask, "Okay champ what's going on?"
He looks at me and says, "Just thinking."
I look at him and wait for his answer. He stares at me and I know now he's not going to answer me. So I do what I do best and start rambling about different things.
"Did you know their taking bets on more than when we're going to start to date? Im not sure what else but there's no telling either. Fraser wouldn't tell me what else their betting on." I state
Cody nods his head and says, "Their taking bets on what I want to ask you. They think I'm too chicken to do it." A couple of the guys look at us and I know Cody won't ask me anything if their around. I stand up and hold my hand out to him. He takes it and follows me. I find a spot where no one is around and look at him. He starts rubbing the back of his neck. I roll my eyes at him and mumble, "You just won a championship and your too scared to ask me a question." It then dawns on me what he's wanting to ask me. I grin at Cody and wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head in his chest. I mumble, "You don't have to ask. I'll go ahead and tell you yes."
He laughs and kisses the top of my head. "You want to tell Fraser? He lost the bet just so you know. It's his fault for changing his mind last minute." He tells me.
I unbury my face and lean up to quickly kiss him. "Oh poor Fraser; I'll break the news to him, honey."
Cody grins and says, "Okay. Let's go find him."