Boots or Bows?

*3 days before the baby shower*
We're sitting at the doctor's office waiting to be called back. I squeeze Cody's hand and look at him. Today is the day we find out what the baby is. Well let me rephrase that Cody is finding out while I wait until the shower in a couple days.
They call us to the back and Dr. Cotter does his usual then ask if we want to know the sex. I shake my head no and tell him that Cody does. He nods and tells Cody to follow him out of the room.
Cody kisses my forehead and follows Dr. Cotter out of the room and to his office.
I wait until they come back in and we get ready to leave.

*The baby shower.*
I look around the room and smile at everyone that is here. Today, I officially get to find out what the little one is. Cody hasn't said a word to me about what the baby is. I've tired everything and he has kept his mouth shut. I feel someone put their hands on my stomach and kiss my cheek. I turn around and quickly squeal when I see Jayd standing there.
"I thought you weren't going to get to come?!?" I quickly ask her.
"And miss my god-child and baby momma's baby shower?!? Heck no. I just had to work around some stuff." She says to me.
I hug her tightly and say, "Well we're glad your here Aunt Jaydie! We can both be surprised on what the little one is since Code already knows."
"Let me guess you've tried everything and he hasn't told you yet?" She asks.
I look at Cody and pout at him then look back at her and nod my head.
Jayd laughs and says, "Glad to know he doesn't always fall for that pout of yours."
I laugh at her as Cody walks over to us.
He hugs Jayd and says, "Glad you could make it. I hated keeping it from, Star."
I look between them and mumble, "Great, my baby daddy and best friend are working together on stuff."
Cody pulls me to him and kisses my head. "Sorry, Princess, we wanted it to be a surprise that Jayd was going to get to come."
I turn and bury my head in his chest and mumble, "Better be glad I like y'all."
Jayd starts laughing and says, "God, I hope you like Cody or it would be a little weird for you to be carrying his child."
I laugh and mumble, "Yeah I guess so. Then again as long as we've been friends it might not have been as weird if I said I was pregnant with his child."
Jayd laughs and says, "Well I'm happy for both of y'all. This is an exciting time for the family and we all know it."
I pull away from Cody and smile at her. I hear my mother yell at me to come over to her. I groan and real quick kiss Cody and head off.
Mom introduces me to a friend of hers and I head back to Jayd and Cody. As I step closer I hear their conversation.
"Have you asked her back out?" Jayd asks Cody.
"No. I want to but I don't want her stressing about the baby." He answers her.
"Cody, you should just do it. It won't stress her out and it will help her more when people ask if she's with the father." Jayd says back to him.
"What about her and Fraser? There's rumors going around that their together." He quickly says back to her.
"Their not. I promise. Look here she comes. Just ask her damnit. That way I can tell everyone that my baby momma is with the baby daddy." Jayd says.
I walk up to them and pretend like I haven't heard their conversation. Jayd looks at me and smiles then tells us she's going to see my mom. I watch Cody rub the back of his neck.
"Code, something wrong?" I ask.
He shakes his hand and whispers, "Can we go somewhere by ourselves? I want to talk about something."
I nod and grab his hand to lead him to the side where no one is. I look at him and wait for him to start talking. We stand there for a good 5 minutes when I finally say, "Code, we don't have all day. We need to get back in there and greet the guest."
"Are you and Fraser together?" He asks me.
I look at him and say, "No, we aren't together. We just let people say we are because I'm pregnant and Fraser doesn't want them questioning me."
"Can we maybe....." He starts to say but then stops and looks at me.
"Can we what, Code?"
"Can we get back together? Star, we kiss each other, we sleep with each other, and we talk to each other all the time. We're pretty much together."
I step back and look at him.
"Cody, I just still don't know. I love you and I always will love you. I mean dear lord I'm pregnant with your child. It's just I'm not sure I want to try again yet."
"I'm not going to wait around forever, Starlee. I waited for you and ended up in the arms of another woman. I'm letting you have your space but just remember your pregnant with my child. You'll always have to have part of me with you."
As he says this he walks away from me and goes back to the party. I feel the tears start to fall. I'm not sure how long I stand there until I feel someone pull me to them and whisper, "Bug, are you okay?"
I turn around in Fraser's arms and bury my head in his chest. I whimper and feel Fraser pull me closer. I hear him telling me it's going to be okay.
I mumble, "Cody, asked me back out. I told him I still wasn't sure. He then told me he wasn't going to wait around forever."
Fraser kisses the top of my head and says, "He's got to understand that your pregnant. Right now your biggest concern in that baby your carrying. Don't worry about him, Star. Right now focus on the little one."
I look up at him and smile. Then I kiss his cheek and mumble a thank you.
"Plus we're about to find out what the little one is. You owe me a dance if it's a boy." He says to me.
I stick my tongue out at him and say, "We will see. You owe me a dance if it's a girl. Let's go so we can find out!"
I smile as I walk back into the party with Fraser right beside me. I see the look my mother gives me and I know later on I'm going to have to explain what happened.
I look at Cody and nod my head towards the bucking chute. I feel Fraser grab my hand and I know it's going to be okay.
We walk to the chute and I look down to see my bull in the chute. Comanche Well is my baby and the bull that everyone jokes is my child. I bottle raised him so we were very surprised when we figured out he was a bucker.
I nod my head at Lane for him to know to open the gate so we can see what the baby is. The gate flys open and blue powder goes everywhere. I look at Fraser and smile then at Cody. Cody has a big grin on his face and I know he's happy that it's a boy.

*Later on*
Fraser walks up to me and says, "I think it's time for our dance."
I laugh and lead him out to where we have the dance floor set up.
"Really a slow song, Fras? You know people are going to be talking about this." I laughingly say.
"Let them. It's none of their business. Cody and you aren't together so it doesn't matter who you dance with, Bug." He says back to me.
We dance and I hear a couple people asking about us. I just ignore then and focus on Fraser. The song ends and I kiss his cheek before I tell him I'm going to find Jayd.
"You two sure look comfortable together, Star. Almost makes me question if there isn't something going on." Jayd says to me.
"There's not. He just makes me feel comfortable. His main focus with us has been me carrying this baby." I inform her.
My mother walks up to us and says, "Spill it now."
"Cody asked me back out and I'm still not ready. Nothing is going on between Fraser and me even know everyone thinks there is something going on. I just want to have my child and stop stressing about everything." I say to my mother.
She nods her head and says, "Okay, Princess. I just wasn't sure after this afternoon where you were crying and Fraser got you to stop. Plus Cody hasn't looked too happy since all that happened."
"Things will happen when they need to, Mom. Right now my main focus is on KL and making sure I stay healthy while carrying KL." I tell her.
Jayd says, "KL?"
I smile and say, "Kodi Lane, just don't tell Lane I'm giving my son his name. I don't need my little brother getting big headed."
Mom laughs and nods her head. I look around and see that the party is slowly dying down. I smile and know that before long I can be in comfortable clothes and eating whatever junk food this little boy of mine is craving. As I say this, Fraser walks over and hands me a bowl with dip and chips in it.
"I figured you and the little one needed a snack." He says to me.
I laugh and say, "KL was getting kind of antsy so he probably does need a snack."
Fraser wraps his arm around me and I start eating on the chips and dip.