Stay

You picked up your pace as you ran from platform to platform a million possibilities flashing through your mind.
Why had he come? Why was he stopping you, what did it mean? You expected all these answers to come to you instantly but right now your brain was turning to scrambled egg and your legs to floppy Jelly.

Platform 7, keep running. Just keep going you told yourself. You glanced back at your friend. She had stopped.
"It's ok, Keep going!" She panted, crouching down unable to keep up. "I'll catch up!"

Platform 6.

Why did they have to place these god damned platforms so far apart, your heart was racing in your chest but the adrenaline somehow made your legs continue to work. More questions surfaced, what if he had left now? Had you taken too long? what about his wife? What if someone heard that announcement and recognised his voice? What abou.....

Platform 5

********************************
Over on platform 1...Tom stuck around. He just couldn't bring himself to leave. He felt the eyes of the people in head office looking down from their window at him, waiting to see if he got his reconciliation. How embarrassing that he hadn't. He should maybe go back up and politely ask them not to disclose any information to press. Charlotte didn't need a weird story to break before their separation did. His mind wandered to home. He might not have got the result he wanted but he had made the right decision. He couldn't have stayed where he was in life. Now he had choices, he had decisions to make, but he felt free for once. And it had been the best experience of his life to be awoken by a woman in a crowd. Snapped back to a life by a vixen in a red dress. Thoughts of her mounting him in it, filled his mind and he was gutted because he knew now that they always would no matter how far he ran from them. That was a bittersweet tonic to take.

Well, he had a life to piece together he guessed, turning away from the entrance way, a slow stride starting even though his legs felt like dead weights. He put his warrior character into his mind, Tommy Conlon would carry the weight. He'd add more and walk through the pain with a grimace. He'd move tanks, no wait he would move mountains, to get that girl, would Tommy, why hadn't this Tommy? He chewed his lip. He knew the emotional weight wasn't gonna leave him as quickly as the physical imaginary. He often pictured his roles when trying to face problems in life. He should have dignity like Bob saginowski, silent in his pain, but visions of a man in a mask made darkness his ally.

"TOMMMMMMMMMM" he heard suddenly breaking him from his thoughts. Feminine and loud. His head whipped around. Had he just heard her?
Wait, he had.
She was running to him. Shit. She was really running to him.
Her hair was everywhere, she had dark leggings and a grey hoodie on, he recognised his handprint. Blag. with sneakers. She was Dressed down and worked up and the feels that hit him in the chest jolted him right out of his daze.
He watched, rooted to the spot as a huge crowd dispensed into the station, blocking her from his view, a collection of foreign exchange students with maps. So he started to filter through them. He felt like crying again and wished he would just get his period already. He had never felt like crying so much in his life. And then he laughed, he laughed at his stupid thoughts and he could hear his own voice laughing as he pushed through the swarm of Korean girls in a bid to get to all his future possibilities in her human form.

You were sharpening your elbows, knocking boys with glasses and backpacks out of your way as you attempted to reach him. He had just been about to walk away, you saw him turn and you were still on platform 2. When you shouted, plenty of people turned to face you, him included and the look on his furry face drowned everybody else out. You knew then if you could just get to him and hold him, wrap your arms around his thick body, pulling him In close and sniffing his manly scent, that you would both be ok.