Chapter 9

Jamie's POV:

We searched high and low for our daughter. My paws were getting tired of running. Our pack was getting tired. It had been more hours than I could even count. Nathan never gave up. There hasn't been any scent of hers or Bo's son Damien. Where could they have gone? It really couldn't have been that far. I couldn't run anymore. My legs became numb and I collapsed to the ground. Trying desperately to get up but it was no use. Nathan stopped and approached me nuzzling my head to get up but I just couldn't.

" Please baby I can't run anymore" I howled

Nathan looked worried at me and our pack. We were all exhausted. Non of us could move anymore. I could tell he was annoyed but he kept looking at me and our pack multiple times and knew he couldn't make any of us run any longer. It was no use. We couldn't even pick up the scent of our own daughter. She could be anywhere by now. There was a part of me that worried that we wouldn't be able to ever find our own daughter.

****
Back at the house, I walked in the door in human form. My feet were muddy and had so many dead leaves on them. I collapsed on the sofa. My legs were trembling. I didn't even care if our nice sofa got ruined. All I knew was I was tired.  Nathan was pacing back and forth. He was thinking long and hard of how we could find her.

" Baby, they couldn't have gone far! They have to be near here somewhere. We'll just have to keep searching tomorrow." Nathan stated

" Nathan?" I whispered

My voice was cracking and hoarse from all the running. I couldn't even think. All I wanted to do was sleep. He looked at me and sighed. Nathan came over to the sofa picked up my legs carefully, sat down and put my legs on his lap. His face had no expression. I hated when I couldn't read him. He was beyond pissed though. His smile was crooked and his eyes were heavy. They had blue and purple circles below them. He was tired too but when Nathan is upset he gets what he wants and I know he wanted nothing more than to find our daughter.

" Jamie, I thought we raised our daughter right. To never trust vampires. To never leave without telling us where she was going. What happened to her? Our daughter has changed so much. I feel useless. That's my only daughter and here we are feeling emotionally distant from her. She's 18 years old now. I know she can make her own decisions but we are her parents and she's making the wrong choice. Bo is dangerous and his son... ahhh his son can not be trusted. I hate feeling like I can't do anything. I can't fight to find her. Their scent is nowhere to be found. How is that even possible? That kid Damien is smarter than we know. Damn it." Nathan sighed

" Honey we will find her. I know I thought we were doing things right but we still did the best we could. Don't be so hard on yourself" I croaked

My throat was so dry. My sentences kept croaking. I was out of breath. I know how he felt. To feel so helpless. We couldn't do anything now though. It had been hours and it was just no use but he was right we had to keep searching before Bo got to them first.

" Jamie, no it's not that simple. She's gone. I let her leave without even knowing she left! It's all my fault." Nathan screamed jumping up

My aching legs hit the sofa. Ouch that hurt. He didn't seem to notice. He was so frantic he didn't care..

" Babe please calm down. We can't do anything right now. We've searched we couldn't find her. All we can do right now is get some sleep and search for her tomorrow." I pleaded

Nathan's muscles were bulging. His fists were balled up and turning white. His teeth were clenched. All the sudden he was throwing everything. Books, our keys, our shoes near the door, and DVDs. He pulled the cabinets off. He punched the fridge leaving a big dent in it. He pulled the drawers out and our silver wear fell to the ground making a loud metal sound. I got up and ran over to him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to me. I hugged him tightly. He kept fidgeting and trying to get out of my grip but after trying to fight my embrace, he gave up and hugged me tighter. I nuzzled my face into the nape of his neck. Nathan was tense but immediately calmed down after I hugged him tighter. I could hear him sobbing. I've barely ever seen him cry this much. He cried a lot when we got married and when Scarlett was born. This was different. He was crying because he felt like he failed. He felt like he failed me and his pack. I moved my head up and cupped his face. His tears falling down his cheeks. I wiped them away and stared at him. Staring into his hurt eyes. He tried to look away but I made sure he couldn't. I kissed him. He didn't hold back. Nathan wrapped his arms around me with one hand in my hair pulling me closer to him. His body radiated with heat but he was relaxed. I touched his body all over. It immediately calmed him down. I broke the kiss and just looked at him.

" Babe, we will find her! Don't you worry and when we do Damien is in trouble." I said