001: Players

"Thanks for last night Taetae," the girl under the sheets was giggling as she clinged unto his shoulder.

"Ew. Don't call me that," Taehyung shoved her arm away as he pulled the sheets away from his grasp. He got up from the bed as he put on his pants, then walked to the large, dented windows and looked down at the scene of the city before him.

This caused the girl to frown.

"By the way, it's our last day today," he said nonchalantly, his back facing her. The girl sat up straight, covering her bare chest in disbelief. She didn't reply as to try comprehend what he meant, not believing her own ears.

"In other words, I'm breaking up with you. We're over," he said with no emotion plastered on his face. "Pretend nothing had ever happened between us." His harsh words caused the girl to tear up in anger.

"You bastard!" The girl picked up her clothes on the floor and wore them as quickly as possible. She walked straight to him, forced him to face her, and slapped him on his face, hard. He did nothing nor gave any response.

"What a player!" she yelled as she held back her tears from falling. "You were only after my virginity. I even paid for this fucking hotel room!" She rushed to the door, her brows knitted and her tears threatened to fall.

"You'll pay for this. How dare you fucking mess with me," she added, slamming the door.

He touched his cheek that was just slapped and immediately felt pain. "Girls are troublesome," he sighed and once again looked down the scenery before him. He held out the silver necklace he worn around his neck. Its pendant was a half broken heart made out of ruby.

"When will I find your pair?" he spoke to the pendant as if it would respond. He averted his eyes to the sky and smiled sadly. "Don't worry hyung, I'm still committed at the job at hand. Along the way, I'm just playing and toying with girls." A tear dropped, not out of sadness but out of bitterness.

"I'll get revenge for you."

🃏🃏🃏

Jiwoo sighed as the guy landed a kiss on her cheek. "I love you Jiwoo," he claimed, looking her in the eyes.

She mentally groaned. All men are the same. They use you for their own pleasure. When they're done using you, they leave you. "That's it, I'm done."

She pushed his arms off her waist and picked up her purse. "This isn't going to work," she said.

"What?" he exclaimed, confused. "But we just got together?"

"My relationships barely last for days. Don't say I didn't warn ya." She gave him a devilish wink as she headed for the door.

"But I... I.. I love you..."

Jiwoo stopped, frozen on her tracks. Why do people say such a strong word so easily? She turned around and put up the fakest smile possible.

"Well I don't," she replied bluntly. He was loss for words.

She continued on her tracks and twisted the door knob. Before she could get out of the cafe, she added, "I don't believe in love."