017: Carnival

Jiwoo's POV

I laid comfortably amidst the softness of the covers and the pillows. I felt my body roll to face the other side and embrace a fairly gigantic pillow. Without any more thoughts, I snuggled closer to feel its softness. I heard a groan, and I froze momentarily.

It hit me there and then.

I slowly opened my eyes and met Taehyung's groggy ones which were only an inch away. In a befuddled expression, he greeted in his raspy voice, "Good morning beautiful."

"YAAAHH!" I shrieked and accidentally pushed him off the bed.

I apologized for what seemed the hundredth time as I lightly pressed the cold pack against his back. He grunted, straightening then slouching his back in pain continuously. "I was really flustered. I acted out of impulse," I justified in a soft, guilty tone as I let go of the pack.  He turned his back and faced me.

"I'll forgive you if..." His voice trailed off.

"If?" I repeated after him, awaiting his next words.

"...if you cuddlee with meeeee," he asked in a soft tone, his eyes beaming like a child. His lips widened into a silly smile, his cheekbones rising which made his eyes shrink and smile with him. I scoffed, avoiding his eyes.

He laughed at my flustered expression. "Come here." Without any further cues, he embraced my small frame, holding onto me tightly and at the same time so tenderly as we both fell and laid back on his bed. He slipped his arm behind my neck and with his arm on my shoulder, drew my body closer to his. I rested my head on his broad chest and closed my eyes as I felt his lips plant a soft kiss on my head. 

"This makes me feel so much better," he whispered gruffly as he tightened his embrace. I cuddled closer, enjoying his affectionate and protective presence. A good cuddle won't hurt, right?

"It's almost 8am though. How about classes?" he asked as he played with the strands of my hair, twirling and tugging them delicately.

"Skip." I  wrapped anarm around his waist. I felt him smirk.

"As you wish, baby."

I found myself waking up to the smell of pasta cooking in the kitchen. I sat up and looked at the empty space beside me. "He must be cooking." I rose up, making his bed before I scurried downstairs.

"Hey," Taehyung greeted me as soon as he saw me. Wearing mittens, he brought the cooked spaghetti carbonara from the kitchen to the dining table. Excitedly, I rushed to take a seat as he opened the hot skillet, unleashing the steam out into the air. I closed my eyes and indulged the whiff of it. I watched him take a serving of it into a plate then seasoned it with a bit pepper and cheese before handing it to me.