019: Warmth

Jiwoo's POV

"Class dismissed!"

Everyone rushed out of their classrooms excitedly, given a longer weekend ahead. I stretched my arms out in the air after such a long day. 

I poked my head out of the door, only greeted by the face I avoided the whole day. 

"Well well Ms. Park. It's a pleasure to see you after cutting class right under my nose and after a day of absence."

My lips twitched into fake smile. Fuck.

In a sluggish manner, I found myself entering a messy, cluttered room with the cleaning supplies I brought from the janitor's closet. My eyes wandered around, looking at all the instruments and chairs muddled in disorder. Musical sheets and books were lying around. Confetti spread around the carpeted floor along with food wrappers, boxes, and plastics. I let out a loud groan as I dropped the things on the floor in frustration.

I started off by picking up the trash that laid around when I heard the door swing open. A head was poking inside the room. "Hey jagiiii~" Taehyung's playful voice echoed into the music room which tripled my irritation levels.

"What are you doing here?" I asked promptly as I continued to pick up the trash. "Been looking for you all over the school," he answered as he set foot into the room, closing the door behind him. "What are you doing here?"

"Ain't it obvious? Cleaning duh," I retorted in annoyance as I dumped the trash I had collected into the bin then continued back to picking up some more. He didn't press into asking more questions. He slid his bag off his shoulder, rolled the sleeves up his arm, and started to pick up the trash. I cast him a questioning look but decided to let him be. After all, he was partly the reason why I had this punishment.

I picked up the musical sheets that scattered around and placed them in a folder. Taehyung picked up the books left on the floor then rearranged them on the shelves. After clearing the floor of waste, I directed Taehyung to stack the chairs into one corner of the room. "Are you ordering me?" he sassed jokingly but I shot him a glare. He chuckled before proceeding to do what was told.

I carefully moved the djembe drums to the side of the room then placed the snare drums beside these. I put the drum sticks inside a cylindrical container above the cabinet then arranged the xylophones and keyboards into the opposite corner.

Taehyung helped me mount some guitars and trumpets from the floor unto the wall brackets and the rest placed in racks. We placed tambourines, maracas, and other small percussion instruments into their cabinets. We also placed the flutes and clarinets in their respective places.

He had swept the wooden floor of the music room then started vacuuming its carpeted floor. He had proven to be of an actual help. I smiled unknowingly.