018: Haunted

Jiwoo's POV

"I still want to try the bumper cars  and the gyro drop!" I blabbered on and on as Taehyung led me towards the exit of the carnival. He did not say a word. "I want to stayyy," I blared out a whine with a small tantrum as we drew nearer and nearer.

All of a sudden, we heard an eerie music playing somewhere not too far away. Our eyes shifted to where the sound came from and saw a haunted house flocked by a number of people, and if I am not mistaken, by couples.

"Stay, you say?" he pondered. I nodded enthusiastically, beaming with hope.

A smirk formed on his lips. My smile faltered as I could read what was on his mind.

"God, no."

Before I even realized it, Taehyung had already dragged me all the way to the haunted attraction. "I-I change my mind. Let's head h-home," I chuckled nervously as I struggled against Taehyung's strong grasp. As we drew closer, the eerie sounds grew louder. I trembled inside.

"Yes! Another couple," A guy exclaimed out of the blue. He dressed as a grim reaper, wearing a dark-hooded cloak and holding a dummy scythe that realistically looked scary enough.

"May I see your carnival stamps?" the man asked. Taehyung revealed his wrist as I clung and hid behind. He chuckled before taking a hold of mine and showed my stamp to the man. I groaned and looked at Taehyung helplessly who merely laughed at my vulnerable state.

I dared peek at what seemed an old, deserted shack covered in cobwebs, dust, rust, and with insects crawling all over the place. The door was slightly opened which revealed a sight of a path ahead that disappeared into darkness. Eerie and spooky sounds emerged from the wrecked house; sounds like bats, ghosts, undead, wails, or whatever they had placed in there. I gulped and felt myself slouch in fear.

"A sinister evening to all," the man in the grim reaper costume greeted with an intentionally creepy smile on his face, causing my face to distort in the slightest. Greenish fog emerged from his back, and a werewolf's howl was heard in the background. "Deadly pleasant to witness couples under the full moon—" Everyone looked at the the bright, round moon in the night sky. "—to experience terror and love at the same time in our newly-opened haunted attraction."

Everyone howled in dreadful excitement. The man continued, "Before all that, I want to present a challenge- a trial that will test the strength of your love." I sighed and face palmed. I did not sign up for this. 

"Momo?" he called out, and a lady in an dark tinker bell outfit appeared from the side. Her jet black hair that was tied into a bun matched the dark eye shadow on her lids. Her lips were red as blood and her eyes round as almond.  She wore black, leaf-edged dress with melted fairy wings decorated in glitter dust. She rocked that devastating evil fairy look.

"Sinister greetings to all and welcome. Let us now cut to the chase, shall we?" She flashed out a spooky grin as her round eyes beamed in amused terror. "Tonight's challenge is designed for lovers, to test their bond in the midst of fear. Keep close, work together, and don't leave each other's side."

The Grim Reaper started handing out glow stick bracelets to everyone, one for each couple. I looked around and found out that there were five pairs of couples, including 'ourselves.' As I looked around, I caught glimpse of a couple glaring at us. I blinked my eyes and glanced once more but they have already looked away.