Roommate

"Hello! You must be Syra Lia! I am your roommate. I also work for 'TravelOUR'. You will be my assistant for the next few days. I am Amy, I am from America."

A super excited woman stands in front of me as I entered my new apartment. She was still young, not older than 35. She has got blonde hair and deep blue eyes. She had the ideal western body. At the first look she would be the kind of woman who you would call arrogant, but after she starts talking this thought slowly drifts away.

"Hello? You are Syra Lia, aren't you?"

I nearly forget to answer her. "Yes, yes. I am Syra Lia. I am 19 years old and from Germany. Wait, OK 19 German years so... I am born on the 27th January 1999, that means I am 20 years old in Korea, right?"

"Exactly. It looks like you already understood the difference between Korean and our age system. That's perfect, one thing less to explain you. I was born on the 26th February 1995." Younger than I expected her to be. She had a smile on her face that was brighter than the sun. I have the feeling that we are going to be good friends.

"Soooo.... Thanks for the nice welcome... but can I unpack now? I am really tired and jet lagged by the flight here and I don't want to seem impolite but I want to rest now."

"Of course! Of course! No problem! What do you want to eat for breakfast tomorrow morning?" I couldn't believe my ears. She is making me breakfast? She is definitely going to be my best friend. No doubts.

"Just make me something Koreans eat for breakfast. I want to get in touch with their culture so let's start with my second favorite thing in the world: food!"

"Wow, you are easier to deal with than my last roommate. She was so picky! OK. I will surprise you!"

Normally I hate meeting new people but she is an exception. I unpacked my suitcases and tried to put my clothes into my closet which was too small to put everything in. A poster on the inside of my door caught my attention. It's BTS I think, the band this guy at the airport mentioned. Sadly, I wasn't able to get his name or take a close look at him because he was wearing a hood and a mask.

I flinch as Amy entered the room. "I thought you may be hungry so I made chicken nuggets. I hope you like them."

"Have you just asked if I like chicken nuggets? To say I like them is an understatement. I LOVE them!"

"I am glad to hear this. I was afraid you wouldn't because I don't eat meat. I am vegetarian." Of course she is. I am maybe the greatest meat lover of all time and she is vegetarian. My luck again.

"Good to know, because I love meat. If you don't want to cook it, it's ok then I will make my own food or just eat yours without meat."

"It's fine. I just cannot eat it because I love every kind of animal. I cannot stand the thought of them being killed to satisfy my needs. I don't judge people who like to eat meat and I am fine with cooking it, I just cannot eat it." She gives the chicken nuggets to me and leaves the room with a bright smile again.

Gladly no one is able to watch me while eating those nuggets, because they may think I am rather an animal than human. Since I slept over the whole flight and was busy finding my way to my apartment, I haven't eaten something since I left my home 26 hours ago. I ached for these chicken nuggets.

After eating there was just one thing left to do: sleeping! My favorite thing in the world. I am able to sleep anywhere, anytime, no matter who is with me. I once slept 27 hours straight after being awake for 72 hours. I was 16 and lived the standard gamer life, so staying up late was nothing special, especially with my big brother by my side. So when there is an event that takes 72 hours in your favorite game, you stay awake for 72 hours. That is how it works.