Two Clicks East***

Dedicated to cosmogyral-delirium for helping me with the descriptions!

"Just like you
I fear to breathe 
when I lose
the ground beneath
this is wrong
I feel the force
I wish I was
without remorse" -"Alive" - Voicians

<...two clicks east...>

Ember's eyes snapped open in surprise.

When the usual sight of the prison yard did not present itself she felt momentary panic and her hands gripped Red's arms. Red reacted by tightening his arms around her to steady her. She stiffened as she sat forward and zeroed in on the signal, ignoring Red presence entirely, which was difficult as he literally surrounded her. She focused so much that Red's voice calling her didn't register.

<...Two clicks east of the prison there's a vesper ship, hope to rewire? Reply?>

<Got it.> She replied. <Making a move soon.> She sat back, feeling relief and sinking back into the warmth of Red's chest forgetting that she was uncomfortable around him. She kept scanning hoping for more but there didn't seem to be anything else with it.

And she'd completely forgotten Red was with her.

"Ember." His voice cut into her momentary jubilation and she almost jumped out of his protective circle. His chest shifted and she knew that he was glancing down at the courtyards. "You found it?"

"Yes." She could barely contain her excitement."I sent back that we were making our move soon."

"You did what?"

He didn't have a plan yet, she realized.

"Well if you don't have a plan it's the best we've got." Ember turned towards his voice. She hated not being able to see him and that she was going to have to trust him more. Even without her eyes, she had other senses that she should have been able to use, but without enough power, she was going to have to depend on him for everything.

He was silent.

"They are watching us." He finally said shifting his body. She heard him groan and realized he was probably stiff from being up here all day with her. He had shifted around her to make her comfortable, but that didn't mean he had been.

Again, she remembered her dream and her face grew warm. She turned away from the sound of his voice.

"Who is?" 

"Everyone down there, specifically, Karik, and his gang of horse shits."

"Horse shits? What's a horse?" 

"Some Terran creature, may or may not have existed. It's just an expression. You know like... horsepower..."

"Horsepower is archaic--"

"Only for space travel," he argued.

"None of which is relevant," she shot back. "There is Vesper ship nearby..."

"How far?"

"Two clicks East."

He inhaled. "I wish you could see the look on my face right now because I told--"