Jimin's family wasn't exactly that rich. Considering they had only one income, they were getting quite a lot. He looked at himself in the mirror and could only pity himself. His dress wasn't as pretty as the other's were. Just to get him into this school was quite a stretch so getting this dress was challenging on its own. He had to work outside of school at a pet store just for that little bit more. His dress looked tacky, it wasn't the best. But it would have to do, he had no other choice. He was only scared this time because there was someone he wanted to impress.

He glanced at his friend through the mirror, standing right next to him. Straightening out her dress. Damn did she look good. He never understood why she wasn't more popular. Perhaps that role had already been taken over by girls like Jungkook's sister. And Eungyeol clearly wasn't that type.

--------------
Once they arrived, Jimin waved goodbye to his mother, walking into the school campus, the noise of several others radiating from the school gym where the dance was conducted. Jimin usually wasn't one to come to these dances, he usually just didn't care for these. He'd usually stay at home eating popcorn or something while his mom would continue to push him to go; his friends usually posting photos on social media without him too. But he didn't care. This time he had a purpose. Honestly, he wasn't expecting anything to happen, but he was one of those creepy people who wouldn't mind just staring at the other male, perhaps exchanging a greeting, just something. Jimin just didn't think he had ever seen a guy that good looking. And he winked at him right? Right.

'You're ridiculous, Jimin'

He didn't know what was sadder. How non-existent his love life is or how he actually thought he had a chance for once, with a guy completely out of his league. Let's not forget that Jimin is different from the other girls, but of course, he doesn't know that either. Though, his intentions were not exactly to get with him. He didn't know what it was, he seemed intriguing, and he wanted to know more about him. 

He walked into the large gym which was where the dance was held,  one of his best friends by his side. Almost getting sick already by all the flashing lights and smoke which just started to blur his vision. It wasn't his cup of tea. He couldn't think of anything worse.

His friend Eungyeol was quick to leave his side and regroup with the rest of his friend group, it was expected, but Jimin didn't mind, it's not like he wanted to be a dead weight to all his friends. He made his way to a corner, sitting at an empty table as he scanned the dance floor, twirling his hair in between his two fingers. His eyes stopping when landing on a certain someone.. till he turned around. That wasn't Jungkook. 'Oops' Jimin thought as he refrained himself from making a 'that was such a stupid mistake' face. Though it wasn't long till he found who he really was looking for. Jeon Jungkook in a dress shirt and some black pants.

'Damn'

Jimin's mouth instantly fell agape, inhaling more of the smoke, but frankly, at this point, he had other things which distracted him and he couldn't care less. He loved the way Jungkook's shirt lined his shoulders, and how the multi-coloured lights would make his skin glow, and of course the occasional body roll which he'd pull out on the dance floor. The longer and longer he stared, the longer his mouth spread, forming a large smile across his face before realising that their gazes were now connected.

'Shit!'

There could be nothing worse than being caught staring at someone. The awkwardness lingering around him like a really bad fart. Making him uneasy and stare at the table in front of him and pretend like nothing happened. Taking out his phone from his tacky purse in an attempt to break the tension before being interrupted by a light tap on his shoulder

"Hey" the boy spoke

Jimin gasped lightly, startled by the sudden touch, turning around to see the handsome boy standing right in front of him. Having to stop himself from yelling slightly.

Jungkook could only chuckle at the latter's cuteness. "Hey" he repeated, a bunny smile across his face, "you were the one I hit with the soccer ball right?" He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck slightly as he chuckled lightly.

"Y-yes" Jimin stuttered shyly

"Okay, then how about I make it up to you then?" He said smiling as the tempo of the music slowed down to a sentimental track. Reaching his hand out to the Jimin in front of him as he smiled, "maybe I can make it up to you with a dance?"

Jimin's mind was about to explode. Just staring blankly at the boy for a few seconds before Jungkook 'coughed' lightly to regain Jimin's attention which didn't seem to be present, "a-ah yes! Okay!" He said a bit too enthusiastically before standing up. He took Jungkook's hand before being taken to the dance floor. Awkwardly wrapping his arms around the taller's neck, hiding his face because he knew that if he made eye contact with Jungkook, he'd probably have a heart attack. Jimin almost choked on his next breath as he felt large hands lightly grip on the sides of his petite waist.

Maybe getting hit in the head by a soccer ball and being laughed at by at least 800 people was worth it.

----

This is such a boring chapter guys I'm sorry lmao, I swear that once I get to where I need to be, I'll get some angst :)