Chapter 18

"Because I am Jisung."

Jimin froze. "W-what do you mean? You're Jungkook..."

"Do you remember when Jisung 'moved away' during the summer? When we were both.. 6? 11 years ago?" Jungkook said softly. His eyes were glistening, looking at Jimin in front of him. He looked so pretty.

"Y-yes." Jimin stuttered, memories coming back to him as they played in his mind. The first true friend he had. The pain he felt when Jisung moved away, it was unbearable. He was unable to make friends after several years because he only wanted Jisung.

"My family... had problems.. I don't know what happened. I was too young to understand back then, and they wouldn't tell me what was wrong. I know they had an issue with another family. We had to run away.. change our names. They refused to let me say goodbye to you." Jungkook explained, watching Jimin nod his head up and down as he hit his bottom lip in thought. Tears falling from his eyes without him even realizing. He missed his best friend so much. He remembered the day he went to Jungkook's house, just to see a 'sold' sign in front of it. It was devastating.

"So when we came back to Busan after being in Seoul for a few years.. I begged them to go to the school you were going to. But I found out that you went to an all girls school, so I only had one option. I wanted to talk to you so badly.. but I was too scared. I regretted wasting so much time. I followed you back to your home every single day to make sure you were safe." Jungkook said chuckling dryly at his stupidness. Embarrassed to admit it, "and when I finally had the guts to talk to you.. it was the wrong timing."

Jimin completely forgot about the reason he truly invited Jungkook to his house. He wanted his answers, but suddenly, the thought left his mind, replaced with reminiscing over the memories he created with his childhood best friend. "Jisung oppa... I really missed you." Jimin's voice cracked saying those words, grabbing onto Jungkook tighter. "Eomma will be so happy to see you again..."

Jungkook smiled, happy that he wasn't the only one missing the other. "No-no please.. don't tell your mom." Jungkook said sternly.

"W-why?"

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone. Ever since I turned 7, I was only known as Jungkook. I have to keep it that way. Besides, Jungkook is a nice name isn't it? Has a nice ring to it. And it matches my face, right?" Jungkook teased, wiggling his eyebrows like a fool.

Jimin chuckled, "yes, yes." He joked in return.

"I missed you so much, Jimin" Jungkook smiled, brushing the hair out of Jimin's face.

"I missed you too, but can we sit down? We've been standing for too long, and my legs hurt."

Jungkook laughed, "of course, it's your house after all, isn't it?"

Jimin smiled before pulling away from Jungkook's embrace and leading him to the bed where they shared old childhood memories.

The question Jimin initially had, still remained unanswered.

Jimin cuddled into Jungkook's warmth, reminiscing as they got closer, and closer.

The words slowly get softer, and softer. Eyes locked, as they exchanged glancing at each other's lips.

Leaning in before-

"Ding!"

"Ah-ah I'm sorry.." Jungkook said softly. Grabbing Jimin's face gently with both hands and pecking his lips gently. He wasn't going to waste this opportunity again. Pulling away afterwards and looking at his phone.

Jimin regretted even leaning in. Taehyung and himself weren't official. But they definitely weren't friends either. They were more than that. He furrowed his brows as he stared down at his duvet before remembering, Jungkook received a text.

Bad things always happen after Jungkook received a text or a call. That night at Jungkook's house when he received a call, Taehyung assaulted him. That call at the amusement park before her got harassed and assaulted by several people. And now.. a text.

"I-I have to go." Jungkook said standing up. "I'm so sorry Jimin.."

"Of course you have to go.. you always have to go." Jimin said frustratedly.

"It's for your safety. I promise you." Jungkook said before making his way to the side of Jimin's bed where Jimin was laying, leaning down to place a kiss on Jimin's forehead. "I promise." He repeated before leaving Jimin's room as fast as possible.

Jimin sighed, covering himself in his sheets, it was a lot to take in.

-----------

Jungkook left the front door hastily, saying goodbye to Jimin's mom and apologizing for leaving so rudely. Taking his phone out of his pocket again as he glanced down at it. Throwing his head back in frustration once he read the text once more.

"I'm watching you. Choose your moves carefully. You know I'm always around."

Jungkook grunted angrily, ruffling his hair.

"You made a good choice, Jungkook. Don't let me catch you with Jimin again. You know the consequences."

--------------
I'm keeping too many secrets now hahah

Do y'all still hate Jungkook's character? :o