Chapter 19

Jungkook knew well of the consequences he'd face if he'd tell Jimin everything he knew, but Jimin only deserved the truth. If it were only Jungkook who was to receive consequences, for Jimin's sake, he'd risk it.

But Jimin's life could be destroyed if he knew the truth. There was a maniac behind the secret, if it were to be let out, who knows what could unravel from there?

Jungkook tapped on his desk frustratedly, he'd been sat at his desk all day long trying to figure out a way to tell Jimin, but it was almost impossible without having his sister find out. He even considered finding a pigeon and tying a note around it's neck. Clearly that wouldn't work out. But Jimin needed to find out the truth eventually.

After endlessly staring at his laptop, he decided he should check his emails on his school email, seeming as though the work he had open wouldn't do itself and he clearly wasn't up to do it.

[ 1 ] New Email from Busan Private School Administrator - Bake Sale

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, clicking the school email as he leaned closer to the screen.

"Bake sale taking place tomorrow after school in between both campuses to raise money for school renovations. Anyone is welcomed."

Jungkook groaned, some stupid email. He wished he could just move all school emails to his spam folder instead.

[ ] Delete [ ] Star [ ] Accept

Jungkook hovered his cursor above 'delete' before stopping his finger. This was a great opportunity, how could he be so blind? Jungkook instantly clicked accept before closing his laptop and dashing downstairs to his kitchen.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked, slightly agitated.

Jungkook turned to see his sister, he would've sworn that if she wasn't his sister he would've punched the fuck out of her, "baking for tomorrow, why?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

Jihee stopped beating her eggs and looked up at him, wiping the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand before placing it on her hip, "you never take place in the bake sales.. what changed your mind? You said they were stupid." She said, her eyebrow raised.

"Um.. I heard that they'd expand the field if they raised enough money." He lied before plugging in some earphones, surely she wouldn't continue to ask him questions. He quickly got down to work, collecting all of his ingredients before searching up some tutorials on his iPad,

"How to Make Strawberry Jam Cookies"

---------

The next day, after school, Jungkook was one of the first to have his stall ready, placing his cookies on a tray and placing some homemade signs on his stand. He smiled at his work, honestly he was pretty proud that less than half of the cookies ended up burnt, but of course that wasn't his main goal, he had something much bigger that he wanted to achieve.

He waited for a bit, other students starting to flood the area, browsing through other stalls and purchasing items, some passerby's doing the same thing. An occasional customer at Jungkook's store, buying a batch.

Jungkook only had his eyes glued on the exit of the girls' school. Probably losing a few customers in the process, he was so focused, he didn't care if people didn't buy anything from him.

"Excuse me? Can I please buy this box?" A woman asked, picking up a box filled with cookies. The only box.

"No!" Jungkook said, a bit too loudly, snatching the box from her hands. "I-I'm sorry, but I have other boxes.." Jungkook mumbled embarrassedly, passing her another box before quickly collecting her payment.

He looked up from his stall to see a girl walking out of the girls' school, he could see only her back, but that's all he needed. He knew exactly who it was.

He dashed towards the figure, leaving his stall behind and stopping right in front of the girl. "W-would you like to buy my cookies? I'll give them to you for-for umm.. 100 won." Jungkook said with a toothy smile.

Jimin sighed, "I... I'm busy and I don't have any money on me right now, in sorry." Jimin shrugged before pushing past Jungkook who's smile had long disappeared.

"J-Jimin.. I'll give them to you for free." Jungkook said, passing the box to him. "They're your favorite.. strawberry jam."

Jungkook remembered that when they were children, Jimin would always beg his mother to make strawberry jam filled cookies although she would often refuse because those ingredients were expensive. He always knew Jimin had a certain jam shortage at his house, almost always (lmao Jimin you got no jams ;)).

Jimin was surprised that Jungkook even remembered this, even his mother had forgotten.

"Jimin please... I.. umm. I really want you to have this." Jungkook stuttered, once again holding the box out for Jimin to take.

Jimin let out another breath, taking the box in his small hands. Who was he to refuse his favorite cookies? "Thank you Jungkook." Jimin said softly.

Jungkook smiled, seeing Jimin take the box. Glancing at his stall slightly before his eyes widened, "hey! You bastards! They aren't free!" Jungkook yelled, watching people take cookies from his stall. "Sorry Jimin! See you later!" He yelled before running off towards his stall and shooing people away.

Jimin let out a hushed chuckle before walking away. He visited Taehyung before arriving back home. Kicking off his shoes before plopping on his bed, the box bouncing on the mattress next to him. He turned to it after a few minutes, popping the lid off the box. He placed the lid beside the box before immediately attacking the cookies which were beautifully presented in the box.

He had to admit, these cookies were actually damn good. He didn't know if it was because he hadn't tasted such good quality ingredients in forever, or if they were really just good.

He took another from the box, probably his sixth. With filled cheeks, he glanced back at the box before noticing something sticking onto the lid of the tin.

He grabs it with his grubby paws before slowly unwrapping what looked like a note.

"Hi Jimin,

It's Jungkook. I know you want your answers. So I'll tell you what I know so far."

---------

Not proofread :') pls don't kill me

This was such a boring chapter omg I'm so sorry and this is such a terrible cliff hanger. I'm sorryyyy ;-;