Chapter 7

Edited - Aug 16th, 2017

It had been a while since the bullying started. In the past, Jimin has always been unaffected by what everyone else said. But this time it was so.. different. He never felt the need to cry about words other people said, he didn't care if he was pushed on the ground occasionally, because he always had someone else to experience it with. Someone to relate to, but now, he was so alone when he needed the company the most.

Over the past few weeks, Eungyeol had slowly drifted away from Jimin. But it was truly no surprise to anyone else, knowing she'd be an easy target, along with Jimin. The reason why it stung so bad was because Jimin believed that Eungyeol would never leave his side. Maybe that's what hurt the most, not the rude comments from everyone else, but the fact someone who meant so much to him had left his side.
-----------------------
Jimin had come home that day crying, wiping his face off with the sleeve of his sweater before walking into his house and pretending as if nothing happened. It worked, but something worse would be presented to him when he walked in.

His mother approached him before crossing her arms and looking at Jimin with soft eyes, "Jiminnie.. are you having problems at school..? The counselor emailed me today. Is everything okay?" She asked softly

Jimin trusted his mom, of course, she had always taken care of him the best way she could, but it never came to a point where they'd ever have a talk like this since Jimin never really had to encounter such things.

He bit on his bottom lip and stared at the ground, choking back tears. He didn't really know what to do. At all. He was so lost in this downward spiral and he didn't know how to stop.

Jimin's mother could tell he was starting to drift off into his thoughts so she took the opportunity to wrap her arms around the younger, "it's okay Jiminnie, let's talk. Okay?" She whispered softly before planting a kiss on Jimin's forehead.

The two made it to the living room couch where Jimin sat down and fiddled with the edge of her plaid uniform skirt. "I..." Jimin began, his voice shaking before his eyes shut tight, tears following the motion as he winced slightly, feeling familiar hands rubbing up and down his back to comfort him. "I've been getting bullied recently" Jimin said shakily.

"Oh.. my baby..." she whispered before wrapping Jimin in her arms, "what have they been bullying you for..?" She asked softly. She had adapted so well to Jimin being her 'daughter' and she had believed the lies she had put up to the point where she couldn't even think of any possible reasons.

"T-they say that.. I'm weird." Jimin said, struggling to let the words out of his mouth as his lips quivered. It was a lot to endure. He knew a lot of kids had it worse that he did, but he never knew how 'lonely' really felt. He just felt empty. And the insults would come in more often now than ever before, with every new comment, it gets drummed into his brain. "They call me Jimmy because they say.. I'm like a guy. And that I don't even look like a girl. And I'll never get married.." Jimin sniffled softly. "Stuff like that." He whispers.

And that's when it hit her. In the past 17 years she never had to even think of this. She let go of Jimin and looked at his eyes. "Ignore it." She said sternly. You could tell her tone completely changed, her face turned so stiff as if it was stone. She stood up before walking towards the kitchen before taking out an orange tablet container and chucking it towards Jimin's lap. "Take it. Take it now."

"What is that?" Jimin asked shakily, picking up the container and examining it short fingers, rolling it around in his hand as he watched the white pills clatter within the container.

She curled her fingers into fists before looking away from Jimin, "What they're saying is not true. So ignore them. Just take the damn pills." She sternly, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"B-but why?" It was clear Jimin still had more he needed to get off his chest. It was more of a response out of shock, it definitely wouldn't have come out of his mouth if not. Even then, he was still curious as to what the bottle contained, it had no label.

"I said now!" She yelled, taking a glass vase nearby where she was sitting and raising it up as if about to hit Jimin in the head. Jimin was quick to comply to her words, unscrewing the cap before swallowing down the pills without water, dashing off in a hurry as soon as he could. He didn't even know what the pills were for but he had never seen his mother like that, he was just scared shitless.

He didn't understand the sudden change in emotion and tone, but he didn't have enough energy to even ask, not to mention he was absolutely terrified in the sudden change. The past few weeks had been extremely emotionally draining. He plopped himself onto his bed and buried his head in his pillow before feeling it vibrate, followed by a buzzing noise.

He lifted his head and turned it towards his phone.

"Notification from Jeon Jungkook :)"

Jimin smiled softly. Jungkook had been ignoring his texts for the past few weeks, and although he had ignored Jimin, Jimin had a soft spot for Jungkook. He was so head over heels for that boy, even Jimin knew that if Jungkook broke his heart, he'd probably keep going back to him, over and over again.

He unlocked his phone before reading the message:

Jeon Jungkook :): 5:46pm
Hey. Sorry I've been ignoring you. I've been.. busy lately. I can make it up to you though. Let's meet at that coffee shop? Tomorrow, 7pm. A date?

Me: 5:46pm
Yes! Ofc. And don't stress, I'm sure you've been super busy having to catch up with school work and your sports. I'll be there :)

Jimin smiled contently at his phone before turning it off. That was definitely the highlight of his day, allowing him to forget about how aggressive his mother was, and all those vicious comments. His temporary escape.
-----------------
And here we have another terrible chapter! Lmao sorry guys I'm trying xx pls comment and vote as usual, it really does keep me motivated to write faster! Much love xx