Divergent Bound!

Chapter 1

The Beating!

A/N: Hi, Remember this is my first story so, sorry if it's not that good.

Tobias's POV

I screamed in pain as Marcus hit me over and over again with his belt. "This is for your own good, " Marcus said.

Marcus turned around about to walk out of the door, and I slowly started to stand straight up. Marcus turned around pushing me on the ground, and kicking me in the rib cage over and over.

I breathed heavily in. out. in. out. inhale. exhale. inhale. exhale. I sat down, and screamed as Jamie my little sister walked in.

"Hey Gem," I shouted. My mother had always called her Gem before she died and it just caught on since then.

"Are you okay? Did he beat you again?" Gem asked.

"I'm fine, Gem. Just go back to your room before he sees you out. I don't want you getting beaten too." I said. I could see the hurt in her eyes. Gem slowly walked out the gray door and shut it.

I felt bad. I always treated Gem as if she were 10. She was 14, only 2 years younger than me. "Ugh!," I slowly growled.

I can't believe the choosing ceremony was in two days. I had no idea what to choose. I wanted to leave my hell of a father, but I couldn't leave Gem with that bastard. Hopefully the simulations will really help me.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters other than Gem! The activities so far aren't owned by me. It is all owned by Veronica Roth other than Gem and a few words and their actions! Thanks! I hope you like it so far.