Chapter 8

A/N: From now on it will mostly be in Gems POV, but I will make a few Tobias POVs every once in a while. Sorry I haven't updated in so long I have been busy with school and I was on vacation. No internet or wifi! :O I hope you like this chapter and thanks for reading!

Gem's POV

I couldn't breathe. My heart burst. It popped. It stopped. Something felt weird in my heart. Something awful. So hard to explain. Like a bit of my heart cracked away and disintegrated. Betrayal.

I was so happy, terrified, and angry at my brother in this moment. I watched and I saw the way he looked at her. Like at that moment she was the most improtant thing in the world. It reminded me of Caleb. I watched at how she looked at him. It didn't look the same. She didn't look at him the. same way, but I couldn't read her feelings.

Tobias looked over and he spotted me. I turned and ran. I ran as fast as I could. Quicker and quicker. I started to sweat and I started breathing heavily. I wasn't used to running. I ran into a room. It was dark, I couldn't see a thing. I sat in darkness for a few minutes, waiting for a bit of time to past.

I try to feel for a light switch slowly as my fingers graze the wall. I touch a light switch and push it up. I look around to see a room with cameras and computer screens every where. "I swear I saw someone," I hear a voice shout. I look around and I run in a corner behind tons of computers.

"I'm sure it was nothing," I recognize Hazel's voice. I see Tobias and her walk in.

"Just let me check," he walks over to the camera. She grabs his hands and turns him to her.

"So what!? Does it really matter if anyone was there? Let them know about us. They're gonna know soon. Once we have our wedding!" I see her smile devilishly.

"It will only be a second," Tobias starts to type persistently. She grabs his hands and walks him out. As if she doesn't want him to look at the cameras.

I run out and to the initiate rooms. I walk in to see the familiar room filled with beds and the familiar smell of dirt. I see Tris sitting on the bed beside mine.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yes,"

Tobias walks in looking tough. "BE READY FOR TRAINING! TOMORROW!" he shouts. I see him look at Tris almost the same way he looked at Hazel, but this looks more real, more true. His eyes go towards me. I wonder if he knows. If he remembers me. Why would he know? I'm sure he has forgotten. I'm not as important to him as I used to be.

Night

I hear something and I get up carefully. I see Hazel, a dauntless girl, and two others in blue. "I have Four in my palm. I'm sure I can get him to switch anytime I plead." she smiled devilishly.

"If he trades then we have no one stopping us from attacking his sister. It was obvious she was divergent. If he is gone for a while we will be unstoppable." an Erudite woman smirked. My eyes widened. How did they know? How do they know I'm his sister? Attack me? Is being divergent that bad?