Simulation

Chapter 3

                         Simulation

Tobias's POV:

       Gem walked out of my room. I couldn't tell if she meant that she didn't want me to stay truly, or if she just wanted to be nice.

      I walked down stairs and left before Marcus could say a word. I didn't care if he would beat me when I got home. I just really needed to get out of that place.

     The trains flew by, and I watched all the Dauntless people jump on. I slowly walked onto the next train, and let everyone else go on before I did.

        Every seat was taken so I stood up holding onto a pole. The train had finally come to a stop and I got off. I walked into the building that we take our tests in and sat down in my place.

        I saw all the Dauntless kids messing around, laughing and screaming. All the Erudite kids reading books or talking about what they learned. The Candor kids sitting and playing cards. The Amity kids were just sitting and laughing. Us Abnegation kids were just sitting and waiting for our names to be called.

       I thought about what I could get. Amity? I'd probably blow up before I would be peaceful like the Amity.

     How about Erudite? I'm definitely not smart enough for Erudite.

      Candor? I'm absolutely kidding myself. I do not tell the truth. At least not most of the time.

      "Tobias Eaton." A young woman called. I got up before I could wonder about anything else. I followed her into a big room with a chair.

     "Hello, please sit down. My name is Tori," Tori instructed me.

     "Hi. Um, okay." I quietly said. I sat down in the chair and waited. For some reason we weren't aloud to be tested by anyone in our faction. I looked at Tori. She was obviously from dauntless. She wore all black and had a few tattoos.

      Tori picked up a vial with clear liquid in it. "I'm going to need you to drink this. Good Luck!" Tori exclaimed. Tori handed me the vial, and I drank the clear liquid quickly. I gave her back the vial instantly.  Tori tapped a few things on her screen and everything went black.

        I saw a woman standing next to a table. "Choose, " the woman said. The table had two baskets on it. One has a knife in it, and the other had some cheese in it.

    I looked back and forth not knowing what to choose. All of the sudden the woman, the table, and the baskets disappeared. I turned around and saw a dog. It growled and charged at me.

        I had no idea what to do so I stood there. I waited for the dog to tear me to shreds, but it jumped up and licked me. I started to pet it when a little girl ran in.

       "Aww, a puppy," the girl said.  She started to run at it, but the dog got frightened. It growled and ran at her ready to attack. I jumped on top of the dog before it could get to her. I sighed and everything went black. I looked up and saw Tori staring at me odd.      

     "I'll be right back," Tori nervously screeched. After 5 minutes she walked back in. "I have your results. You're Divergent! " Tori said.

       "I'm what? What is Divergent?" I asked.

          "Divergent is when you're not just one faction. You're made up of more than one. You are Dauntless and Abnegation!" Tori exclaimed.

         "Whoa. Two? I didn't know it was possible," I said. Tori gave me papers and she shooed me off. I decided not to wait for the trains, so I just walked.

    I could see my house, and I wasn't to happy. I slowly walked up and saw something in the window. It was Marcus's friend Andrew, and Andrew had brought his family.

A/N: Sorry it isn't very good. Please comment or give ideas. Sorry about not haveing much action or drama, but I will be having a lot very, very soon. Hope you like it so far. Sorry I changed the aptitude test a bit and a few other things. I'm gonna try and make it my own!

Disclaimer: I do not own any other the character or the plot. Well actually I own Gem, but that is the only person I own. Everything else is owned by Veronica Roth. Other than a few parts but.. Yea...