Chapter 18

Niall's P.O.V.

I stand up and walk to my room. I change into some jeans and a jumper. I don't even grab my backpack, there's no point in it really. I start walking to school, trudging along the sidewalk, earbuds in, listening to that same exact song on repeat. I probably look like hell walking, but I couldn't care less at the moment.

I finally get to school and stumble inside to my locker, I open it and lay my head inside it, already dreading this entire day.

Louis P.O.V.

"Hey babe" I say leaning against the locker next to Niall's. All I get in return is a small groan. I turn towards the lads walking up to us, "Hi" I say once they get in front of the locker. I turn back around and see Niall trudging away towards his first class.

"Wait!" Liam shouts and we all run down the hallway to catch up with him. He doesn't stop, but he's walking slowly enough for us to catch up.

"What's wrong, love" Harry asks. The bell rings and Niall tries to walk around us.

"We'll be late to class" Niall mumbled.

"Doesn't matter" Zayn says, grabbing his hand and leading him to the front doors of the school. We all leave and pile into Harry's car. Zayn pull's Niall onto his lap, we just drive for a while til we get to a deserted park on the outside of town. Harry pull's over and turns the car off. We all turn to look at Niall and he just stares out the window.

"Talk to us" I grab his hand but he flinches away.

"I don't uh..." he lets out a choked sob and tries to catch his breath, after a moment he tries again. "I don't think we should talk anymore" Niall says, tears escaping his eyes.

"Woah. Wait a minute, is this because of the other night. Look, we know it's a lot to take in and you don't have to do anything you don't want to just..." Niall cuts Liam off.

"No, you lot have been great, really..." he trails off for a moment, tears rolling down his face. "It's not you lads, it's me. I just can't handle life right now and..."

"Life" Zayn questions. We all hold our breaths scared of what he's going to say, or what he actually means.

"I'm not in a good place right now. To be completely honest, I don't know if I'll ever be. So I think it's best for everyone if I just stop this now so no one gets hurt."

"No. We love you, we can help with whatever you're going through" I say. He just cries heavily, trying to be silent.

"No. No you can't. No one can help me, don't you understand that?" Niall continued to cry, so did I. As well as the other lads. Watching Niall curl in on himself and cry over his darkest thoughts and deepest insecurities, it had to be the most painful sight imaginable. His weak and vulnerable expression so unfathomable, you'd have to see it yourself to know the pain he was obviously failing to hide.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I feel like crying as I watch Niall. He's just in so much pain. I'm not giving up, though.

"No" I say. The lads, including Niall look to me. "No, Niall. I don't care if it's too early, I love you. From the first moment I- we saw you, we all wanted you. No matter how dark your past, no matter what you're going through we can help you through it. We will help you through it. We aren't giving up on you, your our boyfriend, and we are gonna get through this together." The lads and I all look to Niall with tears running down his cheeks, I see him nod. It's not much, but its enough for me to know he's at least willing to try, and that's all I could ask for.

We drive back to Niall's house and all pile into the floor by Niall's bed. Tired from the long day we decide to take a nap. We all lay there in silence for the longest time, and that's when I hear it. I assume Niall thinks we're all asleep, but I was still awake. It was the faintest whisper, but I know I heard it. An, "I love you" fell from Niall's lips just before my eyes got the better of me and I drifted off to sleep.

~

A/N

He said I love you!!

I know this was sad but tried to end it on a happier note.

QOTC: Do you lot prefer double updates?

~All the love, Kitty xx :) <3