Chapter 29

Zayn's P.O.V.

I stand in the hallway smiling  at the night to come. The boys and I spent weeks planning to make sure we gave our Nialler an unforgettable 6 month anniversary. I see Liam leading Ni down the hall with the other lads trailing right behind them. As they finally reach me, I lift the blindfold from Niall's eyes and I see his face twist into one of complete confusion.

"Lads" he question, I nod to encourage him as he looks around at us all. "Why are we at school?"

"Well, love" Harry started as Niall's eyes shifter to him. 

"This is where we first met" Louis finished for him. I could tell Niall started to concentrate his thoughts because he sticks the tip of his tongue out when he does that.  

"Your first day, bumped into us in this very spot" Liam took a step forward and rubbed Niall's cheek as the memory became apparent and he began to blush. I grab his hand and pull him along behind me, I wave the lads off to go finish getting ready. 

"And this" I say pulling him into the classroom and to our seats, "is where we had our first conversation." I pull a pack of fancy inscribed pens out of my back pocket with a small bow on it. "You were in need of a pen." He looked like he was going to cry.

"I- I can't believe you actually remember that. These are beautiful, Zee." 

"Only getting started, my beautiful boy" I grab his hand again and lead him to the cafeteria to our designated table, marked by two balloons attached to a letter.  I handed it to Niall, "You can't open the letter until the end of the night, but the balloons are yours to keep now. This is where you first officially met all the lads, and you said your favorite colors were green and blue- the shade of Haz and Lou's eyes." His eyes started to swell with water and he pulled me in for a tight hug, to be fair- it was almost bloody impossible to find perfect emerald and cerulean colored balloons. 

"Where'd the other lads go? I want to thank them for all of this." That made me smile, my baby was never one for money. All I've done is bring him to the school, he's gotten some balloons and pens and he's over the moon. God, he's everything.

"They'll be meeting up with us soon for a late dinner. We have more to do" I said with a smile, and held my hand out to him. He nodded and gladly accepted it. When we first met, Niall trusted me the most and me and the boys thought this would be a great way to start off the night.

 We get to the parking lot and I open Niall's car door for him.  I get in the drivers side and turn the radio on, putting my hand on Niall's hand as we get to Harry's house. I slide my phone out of my pocket and send a quick "here" to Louis and- as planned- I get a call. I put forth my best acting skills and look to Niall while frowning. "Babe, can you go in and go up to Harry's room by yourself? One of the lads needs me- I promise I'll be back as soon as I can be, okay?" 

"No worries, babe" he kissed my cheek and grabbed the door key from me. I watched him walk into Harry's house and seen the bedroom light turn on before pulling out of the driveways. 

Niall's P.O.V.

I get to Haz's room and switch on the light. I walk towards his bed to sit when I spot a plastic toy lying on the bed with a note. "Will you accept the challenge, my sunshine? Water wars 2.0?" - xx 

I knew it was from Lou by the nickname. I smile and quickly go to fill my weapon with water. I see what the boys are doing now, having me with them one by one. I wonder around for a minute before going to look for him in the backyard. As soon as I step out I hear Lou's war cry and I'm immediately sprayed with water. I point my water gun in the direction of the attack and I spot Lou running across the yard. I laugh as I begin chasing him and shooting like a mad man, replicating my war cry.