Tears

Hiccup stared up at the stars, his face streaked with tears.

He lifted the bow in his hands and shot a single flaming arrow. It set a ship off the coast of Berk aflame. Soon after, he could see other arrows flying above them to the ship.

Hiccup let out a cry as the ship began to sink into the ocean. He though he felt the comfort of a hand on his shoulder, but looked to see no one there. He scolded himself for not knowing better.

More tears fell as he walked back to his empty hut. Hiccup ignored Toothless whining for food and walked slowly up the stairs to his bedroom. He took out a small piece of paper and began to write.

Dear Astrid,

You're gone. I wish you weren't. I wish you were here with me to raise our children. But I guess Drago had other plans. He's gone now. And so is Osten. He couldn't take the thought of you being gone from our house and just ran away. I miss you. It's so hard to look at Iona now. She's become so quiet. She never leaves her room anymore. We all love you, Astrid. All of us, Abigail, Astra, Calder, and even baby Kory. We all thought you could win this battle. Hoffersons never lose ya know. I kinda wish that I hadn't invited you to come fly with me twenty years ago. Maybe if I had just let you go warn the village, maybe you could've lived a little longer. It's all my fault. For asking you to marry me, for wanting lots of kids, and for not listening  to my father all of those years ago, maybe if I'd listened, maybe both of you could've lived. I'm so sorry. I love you, Astrid.

Love, 

Hiccup                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Hiccup stood up and left the house. He knew what he had to do.

He saw four of his children huddled up together, crying. He walked over to them and hugged them as well.

"I love you all." he whispered into his ears.

"We love you two." they all said in unison.

They only had each other now.