Beware the Frozen Heart

Okay, before we get started, I don't mean to declare war against the ship that will inevitably be sunk in this shot. I'm not saying it is the worst ship ever and that anyone who supports it is Umbridge. Pretty much I just needed someone to be with Hiccup and corrupt him. And judging by the title, you all know who it is. Now, I know I could've just made up an OC, but her powers and potential character really worked for this. Alright! Now let's get started!

Astrid gulped as she bowed down to the king and queen of Berk. They were not people to mess with, and she had, oh boy, she had. 

What she did was the worst thing someone could do to the king other than kill him. This thing was so horrible yet so innocent at the same time. Never had she killed anyone, or said anything against the king. She hadn't lied, nor had she stolen. So what was so dangerous for a young maiden to do?

Astrid Hofferson had mentioned the king's past life. She had called him by the name his assassinated father had given him as a child. She had said he looked like his dead mother. She commented on how he used to be a talking fishbone. She had talked about his idea to unite the humans and the dragons. Astrid Hofferson had committed the worst crime in all of Berk's history.

Sighing, Astrid looked up at the cold stares of her superiors. Astrid felt the tears fall down her face when she realized how different the king looked from his former self. Eyes, once a great emerald sheen were now ice-blue and lifeless. Hair, once auburn and full of color was now as white as snow and slicked back under his crown of ice. Lastly, she looked at his face. Once bright and full of hope was now angry and emotionless. Oh how she had missed the dorky heir of Berk, but Astrid knew Hiccup was long gone.

She met his eyes, her own pleading desperately. "Hiccup, please..."

"YOU SHALL NOT CALL ME HICCUP." the king barked.

"Astrid Hofferson." the queen said calmly. "You have committed a crime."

Astrid sighed and nodded. "I, Astrid Millicent Hofferson have mentioned every single detail of the king's past before he was saved by our great Queen Elsa. That is a crime punishable by death."

The queen smiled darkly. "Indeed, young Astrid. Do you have any idea what harm it could do to the kingdom?" 

This made Astrid growl in her throat. The only thing mentioning the king's past would do to the kingdom would be possibly snapping him out of his trance, bringing him back to his senses and saving the kingdom from its tyrant of a queen.

"Disagreeing with me, are we?" the queen asked as if she had read Astrid's thoughts. "Hans, add that to Astrid's list of crimes. It'll make her punishment that much more fun." 

Off in the corner, a red-headed man in rags that was chained to the wall nodded fearfully and scribbled something down on a piece of parchment.

"So, Astrid. Why did you commit such a crime in the first place, knowing that you would be killed immediately?"

Astrid broke free of the guards' grip and walked up to the queen, looking her straight in the eye. "Because, Elsa, I knew that I could possibly snap him out of it and save Berk from the likes of you. I never cared about my life, I only cared about Hiccup." she spat angrily.

That was the last straw. The queen rose from her throne of ice, using her powers to shoot a blast through Astrid's chest, freezing her heart. Elsa sat down and smirked.

"Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart, Astrid." she said smugly. "And we all know I diminished any and all love and hope in this kingdom. Guards, take her away!"

Astrid screamed as loud as she could when she felt her arms being grabbed forcefully. "HICCUP! I know you're in there!" she wailed. "Please, I beg of you, SAVE US ALL FROM HER! Remember who you are!"