Winter Wonderland

Hi! Before we get started, I just wanted to let you know that yes, it is October and I'm writing about snow, but where I am, we got snow! So, one shot! 

Astrid yawned as she sat up in bed, shivering slightly. Looking outside her bedroom window, she saw a total winter wonderland. Snow was absolutely everywhere. Looking at her clock, Astrid realized that she was late for school.

"Son of a half-troll!" she screamed as she frantically ran around her bedroom, looking for her snow gear.

"Astrid, honey," her mom yelled from downstairs. "It's a snow day!"

The female slumped down in her closet and relaxed. "Oh thank Thor." she mumbled. "Guess I'll text the gang and see if we can go sledding," Astrid said as she pulled out her phone.

A few minutes later, Astrid walked outside, wearing a snow coat and a pair of ski-pants.

"Wow." she muttered, looking around at the snow covered slopes around her secluded house. "Looks like good sledding weather."

"I know, right?" a familiar voice yelled. Astrid looked around and saw Toothless, her crush's twin brother, riding the hills around her on his snowboard. The Haddocks were well-known for their ski resort in the mountains and naturally, both their sons were big on snowboarding (If you've seen some of the promotional shorts for httyd, you'd know that Hiccup invented snowboarding).

"Morning, Toothless. I assume the others are at the bottom of the hill waiting?" Astrid asked, a smirk on her face.

"Indeed, my flaxen-haired friend. Need some help carrying the sleds?" her friend asked, unstrapping from his snowboard.

Astrid nodded and gestured for Toothless to follow her to the garage. As the pair looked through the piles and piles of sleds that once belonged to Astrid's older siblings, a smirk crept onto Toothless's face.

"So, when you gonna tell my brother you like him?" he asked, examining a sleek, blue sled.

Astrid turned as red as the sled in her hands and shook her head. "When you come out of the closet to your parents. He doesn't like me."

Toothless shook his head. "Hiccp really does like you. Ever since the first grade, actually. And you know I said I'd do it this weekend!"

"Whatever. You find anything good back there?" Astrid called, looking behind a large stack. Toothless nodded and the pair left the garage.

"Look out below!" Toothless yelled before jumping on one of the sleds and speeding down the hill.

Astrid smiled and rolled her eyes before joining him on her own sled. As she saw the bottom of the hill coming into view, she noticed a certain auburn-haired male talking another one of her friends, right in her path. She tried to warn him, but the sled was too fast, and alas, Astrid slid into his legs and the pair found themselves tangled up with each other, the shiny red sled, and Hiccup's snowboard.

"Watch it, Haddock." Astrid wheezed a little too late.

"Yeah, thanks for the warning."

The pair laughed and got up, both displaying cherry-red faces. The others snickered while Toothless could be heard whispering, "Oh just kiss already!" This last comment obviously made the pair blush even more.