How dare he?!

Chapter Two

My heart sank when I realized I was locked into being lab partners with this douche bag for the rest of the year.

"He did not."

"Yes he did. And everyone heard him say it too."

I stood in the lunch line with Maria, discussing my dilemma in chemistry.

"Oh my God, what a dick. That was like, so disrespectful. I can't believe this guy! He seems so toxic, like, you do not need that in your life." Maria slid her tray down the line next to mine. The lunch lady plopped a serving of greenish goop onto my tray.

"Tell me about it. And now I have to be lab partners with this douche bag for the rest of the year!" I groaned.

He totally insulted me in front of the whole class. I showed him nothing but kindness, and he'd straight out humiliated me. I guess nice people always finish last. Last time I do that. I told myself I'd put my foot down next time to show him he's being a bad person. Someone had to put him in line.

Also, I was a fucking rich model. If that didn't warrant respect I don't know what else would. I worked hard to get where I was. Modeling is much harder than people think. All the girls wished they were me, all the guys wished they could be with me. And most of all everyone knew not to fuck with me. I wasn't gonna tolerate a piece of shit like Harry; I had to stomp on him like a bug.

"Oh my God, there he is!" Maria pointed excitedly.

"Wait, who?" I whipped my head around, surveying the cafeteria.

Her smile spread across her whole face and she bounced up and down uncontrollably. "My hot make-out lifeguard from Cali!" I followed her finger to a table in the middle of the lunchroom.

Let me rephrase: our table in the middle of the lunchroom. The one Maria, Tiffany, Sharon, Francesca, and I always sat at. Always. Everyone knew that.

I instantly recognized the boy sitting there. None other than my charming lab partner, Mr. Smartass himself. And he was sitting with Madison.

"You're not being serious? That's the dirtbag from my chem class! You made out with that jerk?!"

Blood Boiling Meter: 100%

Maria averted her eyes bashfully. "Well... I was kind of drunk..." She trailed off. "But seriously, Alex, just let it go. Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? Let's just go sit with him." Puppy dog eyes.

I scoffed. "Overreacting?! First of all, he's sitting at our table with Madison! Do you see what she's wearing?! And second, he just about called me a slut in front of everyone! Did you forget that?"

"Well, you're kind of asking for that kind of attention when you wear something like that."

Blood Boiling Meter: 200%

Anger bubbled up inside me. We got to the end of the line and I grabbed a milk carton and slammed it down on my tray. "You're fucking siding with some man whore you've known for a night over your best friend?"

"I'm just saying that it's sort of your own fault." Maria had never talked to me this way before.

I was at a loss for words. Maria gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'm going to sit over with him and Maddie. If you change your mind, well, you know where I am."

And with that she turned and left me standing there. I caught up to her, grabbing her arm.

"Come on, Maria." I whined. "Let's just sit somewhere else."

We arrived at the table and Maria slid in next to Harry. I received an aggravated look from Madison.

"I thought you didn't want to sit with me because of my lovely dress?" Maddie's voice dripped with sarcasm.