Basically Prison

Chapter Five

I recognized that in everyone's teenage years we all experience certain changes. Namely, any of our intellectual thoughts are overcome with hormones. But you would not believe how much sex is on our minds. For once I wasn't pleased with the fact that teenage guys are super horny. I swore that if I had to erase one more penis from the margin if a textbook I would jump out the second story window (which would be extremely difficult because the one window in that room was about the size of a newspaper and six feet from the floor).

I had to sit there in that claustrophobic classroom erasing pencil marks until my wrist started to hurt. I'd gone through at least a gabillion books getting rid of doodles and notes between friends. I'll never write in another damn textbook again, okay?!

Then I had to deal with Mr. Lifeguard who kept poking me with a pencil when the teacher wasn't looking and I had to do everything in my power to not strangle him or scream at the top of my lungs. It wasn't like he nudged me flirtatiously with his pencil and I giggled. It was more like he obnoxiously prodded my arm like a child until the point where I might have an episode and be admitted to a mental hospital.

He'd poke me, I'd glare at him and whenever our supervisor would look up from his book Harry would just have his head in a textbook erasing intently. Even the teachers adored him. He'd just flash them that winning smile of his and everything would be fine. Because of course he was kind, mature, and intelligent, not some arrogant jackass.

I had absolutely no respect for Harry. He thought he was better than everyone, and yet they all thought he was the next best thing since soy, vegan, gluten-free iced dirty chai lattes with light ice.

"Ouch!" Harry had poked me once again. Then our supervisor looked up bore his teeth, which I figured was him smiling. He looked more like a misshapen jack-o-lantern. Why were all my teachers so damn freaky? Seriously, you think they should at least be able to afford dental care.

"Cut it out!" I whispered harshly. He was annoying in the first place, but when he deliberately tried to piss me off it was even worse. There was no way I could make it through these next couple of weeks. That was over, what? Ten hours in a confined space with Harry and this perverted teacher guy? Couldn't some hot guy have gotten into trouble? We weren't the only ones stirring up the balance. I wondered if this was some special treatment because there was no way in hell we could be the only ones with detention. It wasn't even my fault. But I knew I'd have to go to all my detentions or else I'd have to face an even worse punishment (if that's even possible).

"Umm... Sir?" I mustered up my biggest doe eyes, "I know we're not supposed to leave, but could I... you know... use the facilities?" I figured if I could make this guy uncomfortable enough he'd let me go. An hour in this room and I was getting claustrophobic and annoyed and sweaty. I had to escape before I began to hyperventilate. "It's a..." I lowered my voice, "female emergency."

He put down his book, which suspiciously looked like Fifty Shades of Gray (eww) and nodded frantically.

"Uhm, yeah, yes, of course. Make it quick."

Oh my God, freedom and artificial light and bathrooms and mirrors. I hadn't checked my makeup for so long. I practically skipped down the hallway. That stupid no talking rule was killing me. I certainly wasn't as much of a talker as Maria, but having to keep your mouth glued for two hours straight? Now that's just ridiculous. I started talking to myself in the bathroom I was going so delirious.

"What are you doing?" The girl staring back at me in the mirror questioned. She ran her fingers through her long brown glittery locks.

"Just get through this mess. You'll laugh about it later. And I bet Harry isn't feeling too good about being left in that room with that perverted old man."

The girl was probably right. No big deal. No big deal... There wasn't much confidence present in her statements.

I was only completely humiliated by Harry and then he basically stole my friends and broke my phone and got me in detention and ruined my afternoons for the next two weeks and my arm would most likely have to be amputated because he'd poked it raw. No big deal my ass. He was ruining my life.

I'd never got into deep trouble like this in my life. I did things every so often, underage drinking, smoked, vaped... so it never even crossed my mind that I'd be punished so harshly for something ridiculous like this. I hoped Frenchie decided to wait for me. I never liked going to the mall by myself. It took all the fun out of it. Amid my daydreaming of Gucci perfumes and Kate Spade heels, I realized I was back at the torture chamber once again.

I decided from now on I couldn't let Harry get to me. Well, I actually decided that a while ago, but that didn't turn out too well did it?

I gingerly seated myself down in my desk and started erasing. I felt the familiar poke. He didn't know when to stop, did he? I mean seriously? I'd moved down a seat from where I was before and he sprawled over the desk between us just so he could prod me. Deep breaths.

Pervert Man made no comment but just observed as I took a stack of books and went to the back corner of the room. Take that. Can't poke me back here, can you? Huh? Huh?!

The last hour was pretty dull, but I eventually made it through.

With a swish of my hair, I was out the door and before I knew it in the comfort of my nice red leather seats. I gripped my hands around the steering wheel, letting out a deep sigh. One detention down, a lot more to go.

I put the top down and let the sunlight shine in through the clouds. It's like it stopped raining just for me. I guess I was just special like that.

"See you tomorrow, Alex!!!" I saw Harry waving obnoxiously in the rearview as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Tomorrow's Saturday, jackass!" I shouted back and sped away.

*****

Hope you guys liked this chapter!