Chapter 8 - Helmine Grugary

THIRD PERSON POV

Queen Helmine of Grugary was the sole survivor the Grugary Kingdom tragedy that claimed the life of Helmine's parents and siblings. The only reason that the queen survived was that she was save by the Grugary loyal servant from the castle the time it was attacked. She was only 10 when she was left alone to deal with her kingdom's downfall but slowly she rebuilt her kingdom back from the ashes with the help of her loyal subject and servant.

She eliminate every possible enemy without a care in the world and gained her enemy's  kingdom to be a Grugary territory. When she was 20 years old, she controlled half of Europe's biggest power in her grasp. She was feared by most but in the process, she gained more enemy that before as well. She only care about her people and she will not tolerate anyone who defy her orders.

After successfully seize every small island along the sea of Grugary, she wanted to controlled the east side of her kingdom. But, she encountered a little problem with one of the queen and that's Gisele. Helmine avoided herself from reading anymore reports about the Gavreau island as it will bring more anger than solace in her mind. When she heard the door towards her office we're opened, she looked up.

Emely Tauber, Helmine advirsor made herself known as she bow and greeted the queen. "I hope there's good news for me." Emely was having second thought about telling the queen the truth about her investigation. "Apparently, Gavreau was allied with Sacia, Olaria and Sliria's ruler, my queen." That gained Helmine's attention. "Oh ... is that so?" Emely nodded. "So? The result?" Emely looked down.

"They refuse to give their island and they will fight us." Helmine sighed heavily and turned her rotating chair to watch the sunset. "Too bad. What's the current situation in Gavreau?" Helmine asked. "From the looks of it, the people of Gavreau has no idea about what's going on. Our eyes in Gavreau were confirming about this matter, your highness."

Once the sun were set, Helmine turned to face her advisor. "What about the current situation of the army that will be helping that queen?" Emely bow and present a report she was carrying earlier to her queen. "The complete list of the allies manpower and weapons. This list was from their latest war against their enemy." Helmine was bewildered when she came across at what Empress Adelina capable of doing.

"From the looks of it, Adelina has the best soldier, correct?" Emely nodded. "Her fleet and tanks could easily wiping us out, your majesty." Helmine hummed her respond. "Maybe it's time to wake them up." Emely was surprised when the queen suggested that. "But, your majesty, after the last war, you said you won't be needing them anymore. That's why we agreed on locking them up in their coffin." Helmine smiled.

"I can control them still. I have the Narcosis Crystal in my hands." She showed her advisor the necklace she's been wearing after the expedition she lead few years back. The no man's land of the south of Grugary was known for its supernatural phenomenon. It was in the Queen's mind at the time to find something thats out of the ordinary. Her wished soon was fulfil when she came across an ancient tomb of the Narcosis vampire princess, Valika Narcosis.

Valika was the leader of her clan, The Narcosis Knightress. She was known as the cruel creature that never listened to reason and kill whoever in her path. But somehow, queen Helmine manage to controlled the sadistic vampire with only wearing the crystal. Valika swore that she will remained loyal to queen Helmine as long as she possessed the crystal.

Helmine stood up and went to the elevator that will bring them both to the dungeon where Valika and her army were lock up. "Relax." Helmine said to her advisor when the elevator door close. It was exactly 10 minutes for them to reached the deepest part of the Grugary Castle. "Find the switch." Helmine commanded as she went to the centre of the dungeon.