Chapter 13 - Love Is Killing Me

GISELE'S POV

Gaultier has been trying to say something since we seated at the dining table. Elaria been nudging her brother's side, telling him to say the words already. "Mother." He finally said as I was enjoying my steak. I smiled at him. "Yes dear?" I said politely. I can see how trouble he is trying to say it out loud. Is he worried I might be angry at him for being himself? I'm not that strict am I?

From Elaria's reaction, she know about her brother's sexual orientation? "What is it Gaultier?" I asked. He sigh heavily and shake his head. It was so close! And yet so far. Should I be more bold? Should I? I sigh mentally and continue to eat my dinner. "Mother, is it true Helvisa likes you?" I spitted out the steak I was chewing and turned to Elaria. Where did she get that idea! Armina went to my side and wipe my mouth.

"Is that a yes?" Elaria asked with curiosity. I didn't respond to that question as I avoided it while drinking my wine. "Mother is it wrong for a person to fall in love with a person with the same gender?" Elaria asked. Now I get it, she was helping her brother. "It's not wrong. Why is that my dear?" Gaultier finally look up. "Oh it's nothing. Just I need to know because I heard about this matter in school today." Wow, I raised such genius daughter! She can lied through her teeth! I shouldn't be proud of that but what else can I do. I chuckled mentally.

"If you ask maybe you're curious about something?" I trailed the question even further. "Well, what do you think of it generally? Do you approve of this kind of relationship in this kingdom?" I nodded. "Why shouldn't I? Everyone deserve to be happy wth whoever they choose. Love is love." I hope Gaultier listen to what I'm saying right now. He's smiling and that's a good sign.

We finished our dinner and waited for Armina to bring out the dessert. "What's for dessert today?" Elaria asked as Armina walked out with a tray. "Tahitian Vanilla bean ice cream with edible 24-karat gold, gold dragnets with caviar on top." I can't believe they actually made something this expensive looking dessert! "Only the best for my royal family." She leaned in. "Helvisa actually ran all over the place for this ingredient for me in her Mach 20 speed." She winked.

"Only the best for my love she said." Now she's just saying that. I know she does. There's no way Helvisa could say that with a straight face. I can't believe I'm blushing hard right now. "Mother, you okay? You look sick." Gaultier asked me. "I'm okay. Eat. Enjoy." I smiled and took the first bite of the sundae. It was magical. How is it possible for a dessert to be this delicious and mouth watering.

Suddenly we all heard Reina singing in such high pitch voice. "Sorge Vermiglia in Ciel." I said. "What's the occasion?" Armina wink. "Oh, it's just an entertainment for us this lovely evening." I noticed Armina has been looking back and forth to Reina. Are they planning something? "My queen, what's wrong? The dessert is not your liking?" Armina asked as I barely eaten my sundae. "Oh it's not that." I replied.

"I have a feeling you two hiding something from me, that's all." Armina seems to be alerted after I said that. "Nonsense. There's nothing to hide, my queen." I leaned back to my seat and watched her movement. Her hands are shaking from nervousness. "Spill it out Armina." Now she know I'm pissed. She finally sigh and held her hand up for Reina to stop singing. "Enemy being spotted at the east side of the main city of Gavreau. They completely obliterated Tristan's defence and making their way to where we are."

I heard my son and daughter both stood up from their seat. "We need to hide mother." Gaultier went to grab my hand and pull me up. I stop them from doing so. "Reina, bring them somewhere safe." Gaultier didn't like the idea of leaving me alone. "Listen to me, you both need to be in hiding. Until the matter is solve, you guys must not leave Reina's side." I motioned for Reina to bring them to safety.