Broken Hearted (Chapter Thirteen)

Chapter Thirteen

ELIANA'S POV:

You know for someone who's so keen on me staying stress free for the baby Mayson is sure giving me a heart attack here. I don't know what the hell to say to his parents so before he could say another thing I tried to make a run for it. But do you know how incredibly hard it is to run when you're almost seven months pregnant? Believe me, it ain't easy.

Mayson chuckled at my failed attempt to escape and reintroduced baby and I to his parents, completely forgetting that I'm best friends with his sister... meaning we've already met.

"Eliana?" Mayson's and Gracie Grace's parents asked in disbelief.

I gave a nervous laugh. "Hey Whitney, George nice to see you guys again."

Mayson looked at me for a second then realization hit him. "Right, I forgot you were Gracie's friend." He whispered to me. I smiled and nodded.

It fell silent after that we just sat there looking at each other. And when I couldn't take the silence anymore I turned to Mayson's parents. "Mr. and Mrs. Bonnet, I know I should have said something ear-" I started but Mayson's mom cut me off.

"So you befriended Grace to get close to Mayson, Eliana?" she asked bluntly, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

A mortified look slipped onto my face. "Is that how little you think of me Whitney?" I asked then didn't let her answer. "And no, up until a few months ago I couldn't even stand Mayson, so much so that I wasn't even going to tell him about his daughter."

Since I had enough of the Bonnet's I got up from my seat and started to head out, mentally slapping myself for letting Mayson bribe me with food.

I don't know why I started crying, I guess I was just so frustrated. How could she accuse me of something like that? I practically grew up hating Mayson, does she think it was all an act or something?

"Princess!" Mayson called out. "Stop, just listen to me." He said pulling me to a stop. "My mom's just in shock, I promise that she'll behave." He reassured me.

I didn't want to because I was starting to dislike his parents, well his mom. But I reluctantly nodded because I didn't want our daughter to not know her grandparents on her father's side, because of my stubbornness.

Mayson cleared his throat when we got back to the table. "Mom..."

She sighed, "Sorry for assuming Eliana." She mumbled. Mayson looked at me hopefully, I just shrugged. I guess it's better than nothing.

"So what exactly are you guys going to do about money?" George asked.

"Well my mom said after the baby's born I could work in her office, because I can't be on my feet too long now." I said. Do they really think I won't be about to financially support my child? I'm young, not stupid.

"And I'm looking for a job." Mayson added.

They seemed to be thinking for a minute, and then they both nodded in unison. Mayson and I shared a puzzled look, and then our eyes moved back to his parents.

"So...?" Mayson pressed after they didn't say anything.

"A granddaughter? A little earlier than I'd hoped you would start, but what's done is done." Whitney said.

I sighed in relief. "Oh thank God. I didn't want her growing up without love from her grandparents." I said as I rubbed my belly with a smile.

We stayed for a bit chatting and eating some more, then I was starting to get tired. Who knew carrying a baby could be so straining? Not me for sure. Mayson suggested that we go back to his house, ensuring me that his parents wouldn't be home for hours. I agreed excitedly.