Broken Hearted (Chapter Fourteen)

Happy reading loves :)

Chapter Fourteen

ELIANA'S POV;

Since I've gotten on better terms with Mayon's parents after telling them about Mayson being MariBelle's dad they've been really great actually. They've been letting me stay over more often, George has even been letting Mayson work with him at his law firm so he can learn the ropes, and it's been greatly appreciated.

I was currently laying with my eyes closed on Mayson's bed, waiting for him to get home from work when I heard the door open slightly.

"Elianaaaaa!" Gracie sang slightly shaking me to wake up.

"Shh, baby's sleeping. Come back later." I said smiling but not opening my eyes.

"Elle get up! We've got important business to handle." she said more sternly making me laugh.

"What important business Gracie Grace? I'm tired." I said still not moving.

"We've got to plan your baby shower of course!" she said cheerfully.

I sighted and opened my eyes to look at her, "Can't we do this later? Mayson's going to be home soon, and he can help." I suggested hopefully.

"No we need to start now!" she said sternly.

"Alright, alright jeez. People might think you're the one having the baby here, not me." I said with a dramatic sigh.

"Oh hush and hurry up, Jen's downstairs waiting." she said helping me up and out of bed.

"Can't we just plan up here? It's becoming a task to climb up and down those stairs." I complained making Gracie roll her eyes.

"It can't be that bad Elle."

"Grace believe me, it's like mission impossible. Need I remind you this isn't just fat, MariBelle lives in here." I said rubbing my plumped belly.

Gracie sighed. "Yeah okay. I'll tell Jen to come upstairs. But if Mayson gets mad about us being in here, you're handling it." she said.

"Because he's really going to say no to me?" I called as she started leaving.

"Whatever you say Elle." she called back.

I shook my head and sat back trying to get comfortable. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand to text Mayson curious where he was, I quickly typed:

'Hey my love, where r u? & don't be mad but I told grace that it's ok to 'work' in your room for the babyshower. Love u!'

A few minutes later he sent back:

'Going to be home a little late, I ran into someone on my way home. Love u 2.'

At first I thought he meant he hit someone, but I reread the message and realized he said 'ran into' and not 'ran over'. Shaking my head I sent him another message:

'Ok & who'd u run into?'

He took a while reply and I debated on sending another text, and just as I was about to my phone buzzed.

'Joey....'

"WHAT!" I screamed. Gracie and Jen ran in the room.

"Elle what's wrong?" Jen asked.

"Mayson... Joey... I just... and he..." I couldn't even form a proper sentence, so I just showed them the conversation.

They both gasped and sat down next to me.

I quickly asked him where he was and we set off to find him, Gracie had to drive because I'm practically incapable of doing anything for myself.

___________________________________________________________