Part 5

Ryan met up with me at breakfast the next morning as we tried to figure out what to do with our last day off before the school week. We went to the corner store and he bought us some snacks before we headed to his room.

"Are you sure your roommate won't mind?" I asked him as we made our way down the hall.

"He's not here much, it's cool." He said stopping at a door and unlocking it with keys. The room was set up just like how mine was. One bed on one side, the other bed on the opposite side. I was surprised to see Ryan sit on the bed on the organized side, then again he just got here. He got out a laptop computer and opened it. I sat next to him and watched him scroll through a list of movies until he reached Finding Nemo.

"Is this okay?" He asked me. I smiled and nodded, moving his pillows behind us so we could lean on them. Ryan laughed at me throughout the film because I'd never seen it before, every gasp I made included a witty remark from him.

"I can't believe you've never seen this." Ryan said before popping a handful of M&Ms in his mouth.

"I don't see a lot of movies, I don't have a way to watch." I shrugged. I may have been the only person at this school who didn't have a cell phone, computer, or other portable electronic device.

"We should go to a movie sometime." Ryan said.

"Okay." I said feeling my cheeks blush. I grabbed some Pop Rocks from the snack pile Ryan made, tore open the packet, and poured a bit in my mouth. My head was soon filled with the popping noise while the sugar crackled in my mouth. Ryan looked at me and opened his mouth, I poured a bit for him.

"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to make out with someone with Pop Rocks in your mouth?" He said, mouth full of candy. My mind directly went to the thought of having a steamy make out session on this pile of sweets.

"Probably be awesome." I replied, pouring some more in my mouth.

"Well... let's try." He said taking the packet away from me and pouring the last in his mouth. We both hesitated and smiled at each other. His hand trailed up my arm to the back of my neck to slowly pull me in. Right before I was about to close my eyes, Ryan's door opened and Ryan backed off immediately.

"Oh shit, sorry!" A tall boy with dark hair said when he looked at us.

"Hey Gabe, what's up?" Ryan said stretching and starting to clean up the candy wrappers.

"Just finished playing some Frisbee in the park, just gotta grab some things before I shower." He said looking through his things.

"Oh yeah cool. Uh this is my friend Pomona, we met in the children's home." He said. Gabe turned to look at me and smiled, I waved back to him.

"Nice to meet you. Okay I'm gonna go shower so you guys can get back to... whatever you were doing." Gabe said with a smirk before heading out the door.

"So um I actually have some reading to do before class tomorrow." Ryan said getting off the bed and throwing away the trash.

"Oh yeah, no problem. I should probably get going anyway." I said getting up and dusting off my jeans from any crumbs.

"Hey Pomona?"

"Yeah?"

"It would have been weird if we kissed, right?" Ryan said.

"Yeah, that would have probably been weird." I said trying not to choke on my words. I let out an awkward laugh before heading out the door.

------------------

A/N: Is this any good?