Part 8

I went to class Monday morning, but something was different. More people were looking at me than usual, and usually nobody looks at me. Throughout the day, I felt like people were talking about me but I didn't know why. Ryan didn't show up for lunch so I sat alone and ate before going to the rest of my classes.

I went to Ryan's place after school to see what he's been up to. I knocked on the door and Gabe answered.

"Oh hey, are you looking for Ryan?" he asked me with a smile.

"Yeah, is he here?"

"No, but he should be here soon. Come in." Gabe said stepping out of the doorway so I could go in. I sat down on Ryan's bed and put my stuff on the ground.

"So how was your day?" I asked Gabe.

"It was a Monday. How about you?" Gabe asked.

"Kind of weird. I just felt like everyone was talking about me, but I'm probably paranoid." I said with a small laugh. He looked at me a bit.

"Oh honey." He said with concern in his voice.

"What?"

"Do you remember what happened on Friday night?" He asked. Panic started to fill my chest.

"Yes..." I said.

"Well um everyone knows about that." He said.

"Everyone?" I asked. Ryan came in soon and looked surprised to see me.

"Hey." He said with coldness in his voice.

"Hey, I didn't see you at all today." I said.

"Yeah, I was busy." Ryan said.

"Um is this not a good time?" I asked him. Dead silence hung in the air.

"How could you not even tell me?" He asked.

"Okay, see ya!" Gabe said grabbing his bag and bolting out the door.

"Ryan, I'm sorry." I said to him.

"I had to hear it from some guy in my math class." He said upset.

"I didn't want anyone to know about it!" I pleaded.

"Yeah well great job choosing an athlete. You've officially earned your title of slut here." He said. He looked at me and immediately regretted it.

"Pomona, I didn't mean that." He said.

"Yes you did." I said while my eyes filled with tears.

"No, I'm just mad. Please don't cry." He said.

"You're mad?? You're not the one who's now humiliated for sleeping with one person at a party one time." I said to him. He rushed to my side and wrapped me in a hug.

"You're right. He's a total asshole and I don't even know him." He said to me as he rubbed my shoulders.

"It was a stupid mistake."

"I know... was it at least good?" He asked me. I laughed and he smirked a bit.

"No, not at all." I shook my head and his smile grew.

"Well at least the rumor is that you're wild in bed." Ryan shrugged. I rolled my eyes as my cheeks turned red.