05. s t i l l p o u t i n g

{a/n: I just posted the first chapter of a new Nate Buzolic social media story called "Wrong Number" if you're interested! 💙}

"For the millionth time, we can't tell you what you want to know. We don't know either. We were sent into this being told you were just regular vamps, dammit!" the older brother, Dean, yelled as Rhiannon smiled at him again. There was blood dripping out of the corner of his mouth and he was getting progressively angrier the more she beat on the two of them. He amused her; he wasn't afraid of her at all and he had so much rage in his little human body. His eyes sparkled with his disdain for her and she couldn't help but absently think about what it might be like to kiss him.

The other brother, Sam, was more afraid. He kept quiet for the most part, eyeing her like he wasn't quite sure what to make of her. Rhiannon regarded them both, studying them.

"See, I just don't believe that. If what you're saying is true, then whoever sent you into this mess must hate you a whole lot. My family and I are anything but regular... 'vamps' as you call them," Rhi said, shaking her head and running the dull edge of her knife down the side of Dean's face. He flinched away from the touch and she pouted dramatically.

"Yeah... that's obvious," Sam scoffed, speaking up for the first time in a while. "What... are you, then?" he asked hesitantly, like he wasn't sure if he wanted her to actually answer.

"We're the Originals, obviously," she said, rolling her eyes and looking back and forth between the two brothers. "Wait. You honestly mean to tell me you've never heard of us? You call yourselves hunters but you've never heard of the Originals?" she asked when she saw how confused both of them were. She laughed heartily, looking up at Kol where he stood watching on the balcony above them. "Did you hear that, brother? Your all-powerful hunters have never even heard of us!"

"I wouldn't take that as weakness if I were you," Dean said, causing Rhiannon's attention to direct back at him. He was standing inside the circle Freya had spelled, the ties that had bound his hands and feet cut with a knife he'd had in his pocket.

"You think I didn't know you had a knife? That's cute," Rhiannon said, using her supernatural speed to move directly in front of Dean. He blinked hard at her, his eyes full of rage. "Love, I was counting on the fact that you had a knife. In fact, it's about to make this a lot more fun," she said, staring into his eyes. "Now, I want you to take that knife and stab your brother right in the gut," she said, her pupils dilating as she compelled his mind.

"Rhiannon! Disregard that immediately, hunter," Elijah said, appearing by her side and taking Dean by the collar so that he could override her compulsion.

"No fun," Rhiannon pouted, stalking away to watch as Elijah took over.

"Now," Elijah began, rolling up the sleeves of his stark white shirt. "You're going to tell me who sent you, and you're going to tell me why. I'd like to do it the pleasant way, but if you don't cooperate, as you just saw, I have my ways to get it out of you either way."

"Fuck you," Dean spat the words, and Elijah smirked just slightly.

"Very well."

He took Dean by the shirt collar again and looked at him intently.

"Tell me who sent you. Now."

"Some dude named Marcel. Don't know his last name. Don't even know how he got our number."

"What did he say to you?"

"That there was a nest of vamps he wanted dead. Business has been pretty slow for us and he offered to pay a lot so we agreed."

"Why did he want us dead?"

"Didn't say that either."

"Very well. See? Wasn't that easy?" Elijah asked, shoving Dean backwards. He stumbled and fell, his brother watching from where he was still tied to his chair.

Elijah disappeared and Rhiannon stayed in her spot on the couch off to the side, watching the hunters. She listened as Elijah discussed their fates with the rest of her siblings. They eventually settled on just compelling them and letting them go. Elijah re-appeared and compelled both of them to leave and never come back to New Orleans as long as they lived. The brothers went quietly, not looking back.

"Are you still pouting?" Elijah asked Rhiannon once they'd gone, and she nodded.

"I am. That older one was... interesting," she said, and Elijah clicked his tongue disapprovingly.

"They're hunters, Rhiannon. You know his goal would've always been to kill you," he said, and she nodded.

"Probably so," she agreed, shaking her head.

She knew Elijah was right; he would've always only been thinking about killing her and she would've just been putting him in danger because of who she and her family were. Still, she went to bed that night thinking about Dean Winchester.