09. i d o n ' t k n o w

"Rhiannon!" Elijah's voice thundered through the compound, startling Rhiannon

"Rhiannon!" Elijah's voice thundered through the compound, startling Rhiannon. He didn't yell often, but when he did it was always serious. She stepped out of her bedroom and peered over the balcony to where he was standing in the living room.

"Yes, 'Lijah?" she asked meekly, knowing what he was going to say before he even opened his mouth.

"Is there any particular reason that you've allowed the Winchesters back into our city without telling anyone?" he asked, his anger evident in his tone. She sensed Kol walking up behind her, and a moment later he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"What's this?" her twin asked, putting on his best confused face.

"It seems our sister has allowed the Winchester hunters to stay in the city and plot our murders," Elijah told him, and Kol was instantly shaking his head.

"No way Rhiannon knew they were here, right Rhi?" he asked her, and she shook her head quickly.

"Of course not," she said, and Elijah stared at them both for a long moment before rolling his eyes and walking away. Rhiannon shot Kol a look of thanks and then followed Elijah, catching up to him easily.

"What are you going to do?" she asked him, and he gave her a quick look.

"Kill them, obviously," Elijah said, and Rhiannon nodded slowly.

"How do you know they're even here? What happened to their compulsion?" she asked, just because she didn't really understand herself.

"I saw the tall one wandering around a market just now. I followed him to the Cicely Motel at the edge of the Quarter. I don't know what happened to their compulsion, but whatever it was, it officially makes them a threat. If they have a method of removing compulsion, who knows what else they're capable of," Elijah said, his voice calmer and steadier now.

Rhiannon listened to him talk for a while longer, watching him as he got ready for whatever he was planning. As soon as she heard him say he was going to wait for the rest of their siblings to arrive home before doing anything major, she slipped out of the compound, shooting a quick text to Kol begging him to try his best to distract Elijah.

A bit later, she stepped into the lobby of the Motel and compelled the brothers' room number from the desk clerk. Once she had it, she pounded on their door. Dean swung it open after a few minutes, a pistol in his hand.

"Fuck off," he said, and Rhiannon looked up at the doorframe, trying to remember the protocol for a vampire stepping into a hotel room. It had been so long since she'd done it that she couldn't quite remember if she needed to be invited like she did at a residence. Taking the chance, she raised her foot and found happily that it crossed the threshold with no problem. She stepped in the room and closed the door behind her, listening for a moment to make sure she couldn't hear anyone that had followed her.

Sam and Dean both pointed guns at her and she absently raised her hands in surrender, mostly for their benefit. She could see clearly that neither of their guns would hurt her.

"Hear me out," she said, looking between the two. "My family is going to kill you. Soon. My brother Elijah saw Sam in the market a while ago. I didn't tell them you were back, but you did by being an idiot and going out in the open. They're going to kill you and you need to get out of here," she said, and Dean shook his head, stepping closer to her.

"I'm not scared," he said, and just to make her point, she used her supernatural speed and strength to pin him against the wall. She let her fangs descend and smiled. Sam shot her in the back with his pistol, and she barely felt it. While still holding Dean with one arm, she reached into the wound in her back and without even flinching, pulled the slug out and tossed it off to one corner of the room.

"You need to be," she said, her voice quiet and controlled. She could hear the blood rushing through his veins. His heart started to beat just slightly faster, and she smiled again. "Good boy," she said, squeezing his throat just hard enough to make him sputter a little bit and then releasing him. Her fangs retreated and her face returned to normal. She made sure both brothers saw it happen and then smiled when they both looked just slightly alarmed.

"You don't even know what you've gotten yourselves into here. I can't save you from them. They will overpower all three of us if they have to. My twin Kol is the only one who might help, and still the other four will kill you. There is no maybe in this situation," Rhiannon said, looking at them both severely. The two brothers looked between each other and then back at her, neither of them saying anything. "You need to at the very least switch hotels if you're still convinced there is some sort of silly revenge to be had here," she added, her voice sounding much more concerned than she wished it did.

"We'll switch motels," Sam said finally, nodding slowly. Rhiannon nodded slowly and left the room without another word.

She was almost down to her car when she heard someone following her. She turned to see Dean standing there, looking at her curiously.

"Why?" he asked simply, catching her off guard.

"Why what?" she asked, and he looked at her intensely.

"Why are you helping us?" he asked, and she shrugged.

"I don't know," she said honestly, and in the blink of an eye he was right in front of her. She could smell some sort of woodsy cologne and something that smelled like spearmint.

"Thank you," he whispered, sending a shiver up her spine.

"You're welcome," she replied, her knees going just slightly weak when he planted a gentle kiss on her lips a second later. Without another word, he turned and walked back toward the hotel, not looking back once.