12. d o n e

A few weeks went by without too much drama

A few weeks went by without too much drama. Rhiannon sneaked out of the Mikaelson compound as often as she could to go see Dean, and as far as she knew Kol kept his mouth shut about it to their other siblings. She wasn't sure what had happened with Elijah trying to find them; he seemed to have dropped it, but she wasn't going to ask about it just in case it refreshed his memory when she definitely didn't want either of the Winchesters on his mind.

She and Dean continued to get hot and heavy; in fact they just got hotter and heavier if that was possible. She'd never been so completely attracted to someone before. She loved his personality; he made her laugh like no one other than Kol ever had and she didn't even have words for how she felt when he pressed his lips gently to hers.

She insisted Dean and Sam moved motels pretty often, just in case anyone in her family was onto her, but no matter which place they were at, as soon as that door closed the two of them into a room things felt... almost like they were just a normal couple.

One of her favorite things was when his eyes drifted closed beside her. She liked to hear him breathe while he slept while admiring his scarred and tattooed chest.

She was doing just that one day about a month later when her phone rang on the nightstand beside them

She was doing just that one day about a month later when her phone rang on the nightstand beside them. She reached for it quickly, not wanting to wake Dean. She went out onto the rickety balcony of the motel and picked up her twin's call.

"They're coming," Kol said as soon as she pressed the 'accept' button.

"What?" Rhiannon asked, instantly panicking.

"Elijah has been tracking the Winchesters for weeks. I didn't know. But they've found them and they're coming right now. I'm so sorry, Rhi. I couldn't stop them," Kol said, his tone suggesting that he was actually sympathetic.

At that very moment, Elijah, Klaus, Hayley, and Rebekah appeared at the ground-level of the hotel, having used their supernatural speed to try and get there as fast as possible; probably thinking they could get there before Kol would call and warn her.

Rhiannon rushed down to meet them, putting on her best fake smile.

"What are you all doing here?" Rhiannon asked, and Elijah and Klaus both gave her their best 'you're in trouble' looks.

"No, sister, what are you doing here?" Klaus asked her, grabbing her roughly by the arms. "What are you doing at the very shit hole where the hunter you're in love with is staying?"

"What? I... I don't know what you're talking about, Niklaus," Rhiannon bluffed, knowing at once that he didn't believe her.

"You're lying, Rhiannon. I don't appreciate being lied to," Elijah said, prying Klaus' hands off of her just so that he could hold her himself.

"You can't... you can't kill them. Please," Rhiannon pleaded, tears in her eyes.

"We're not going to kill them," Elijah said, and she looked him in the eye and shook her head, having a pretty good idea of what he was going to say next.

"You're going to kill them," Klaus said it instead, making Rhiannon cry harder.

"I can't," she sobbed, shaking her head again.

"You can and you will or Elijah and I will do it and it will be slow and painful," Klaus said, his voice severe.

"Why?" she asked, looking at Elijah.

"Because you lied. You lied about all of this. If you hadn't, things might be different. But they're not and these hunters need to be taken care of," Elijah said, his voice slow and steady.

"Go," Klaus said, pushing her towards the motel. She walked up the stairs into Dean's room slowly, making sure none of them were following her. Once she was sure they weren't, she turned and looked at him, tears still falling freely down her cheeks.

"What is it?" Dean asked, coming to her and pulling her to him. "What's wrong?"

"My family is here. They found out I've been lying and they want me to kill you and Sam," she said, and Dean instantly backed up slightly so that he could look her in the eye. Before he could say anything, she put a finger to her lips and shook her head. She grabbed a pad of paper off the nightstand and scribbled a note. She handed it to Dean and he instantly shook his head.

"I'm going to feed on you. Not enough to kill you but enough so that they can smell your blood, and then you have to go. You have to go and never come back to New Orleans," her handwriting blurred with a single tear that ran down his cheek. Taking a deep breath, she nodded and kissed his lips firmly.

"I love you," she whispered, wrapping her arms around him one last time. "I need you to know that."

"I love you too," he said, flinching as she bit into the tender skin of his neck a moment later. She gave it a minute for his blood to waft through the air, and giving him one more kiss before she went, she turned and walked out of the room, not looking back.

She went to Sam's room down the hall, showed him the note, and fed on him too. Then she made her way back down to her family. As she did, she noticed that Kol had arrived and was being held back by Elijah. As she approached, Elijah let him go and he ran to her, catching her as she collapsed in a heap of sobs.

"It's done," she whispered hoarsely, dabbing at the blood on the corner of her mouth.

"I know, love. It's alright. You're going to be alright," Kol cooed at her, using the gentlest voice she'd ever heard him use. He helped her up and they walked back to the compound slowly, her tears steady the whole time.