11. t o o m u c h

Rhiannon walked out of the hotel room a few hours later, her hair a mess and her makeup running down her cheeks

Rhiannon walked out of the hotel room a few hours later, her hair a mess and her makeup running down her cheeks. She and Dean had agreed to continue whatever it was that they had in secret unless it became a threat to either of them. Seemed like a pretty good deal when they said it all out loud. That is, until she got into her car and immediately saw her twin in the backseat.

"Kol? What are you doing?" she asked, and he shrugged.

"Wasn't as drunk as you thought I was. Decided to follow you because I didn't quite believe you," he said casually, rolling his eyes at her like it should have been obvious. When she thought about it, she guessed it probably should have been.

"And? Do you now? I came and did exactly what I said I was going to," she said, trying to sound as confident as she could. Kol scoffed and shook his head.

"Yeah and by the look of you, you had a lot of fun doing it," he said, looking her over and noting what a mess she was.

"Kol..." she trailed off, and he shook his head.

"I have to tell the others, Rhiannon. I have to. This just... it's not right," he said, motioning to the hotel.

"Like it wasn't right when you fell in love with a teenage witch?" she asked, instantly feeling bad for throwing Davina in his face. She'd maybe been the only person he'd ever loved other than their family and he'd lost her way sooner than she should have had to be lost.

"That's... a different thing entirely," he said slowly, anger obviously building up in his throat.

"Is it though, Kol? At least the man I've found isn't just barely out of high school," she said, suddenly full of rage. She knew she was stepping over a line, but didn't care.

"Don't talk about Davina," Kol warned, his fangs descending and his face clouding over.

"Why? Are you going to kill me if I do? Bring it on, brother," she said, stepping out of the car. Kol stepped out with her and they squared up to one another.

Each twin threw some punches, knocking each other down a few times. But eventually, just like every time they'd ever fought in their over a thousand years on the Earth, they grew bored with the fight easily and backed down.

"I still don't approve," Kol said, straightening a finger she'd broken and dabbing at the blood trickling out of his nose.

"I know," she said quietly, placing her elbow back where it belonged and fingering the bruises that were already forming and then automatically fading away on her forehead and jawline.

"I'll keep your secret for now. But you have to tell them all eventually. You know they'll find out either way," he warned, and she nodded.

"I know," she repeated as they both climbed onto the trunk of her car. They sat there in silence for a long time, Rhiannon's head resting on her twin's shoulder.

"You

"You... WHAT?" Sam asked his brother, almost dropping the laptop he was holding out of shock.

"I texted her to come here. I found her number pretty easily. Apparently they're stupid enough to actually put the bill in their name. And then we had sex... great sex, actually," Dean said, smirking.

"Ew. Too much," Sam said, shaking his head. "So, what? Are you like... a couple?" he asked, and Dean shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know. But I told you earlier, I just can't shake this feeling. This feeling that she's..."

"Special?" Sam finished the sentence sarcastically, and Dean nodded.

"Yeah," Dean confirmed, knowing full well how insane he sounded.

Normally he would've hated Rhiannon just on the basis of what she was. But for some reason, something about her made him feel like he didn't need to hate her; in fact it made him feel like he needed to do the complete opposite of hate her. He watched as his brother shook his head and rolled his eyes, moving into the next room. Dean followed slowly, his brain still just slightly foggy from his time with Rhiannon.

"And what exactly are you going to do when her super strong family of special souped up model vampires comes to kill us both?" Sam asked, judgement clear in his tone.

"Honestly, I have no fuckin' clue, Sammy."